Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?

Go down 
+5
Warpig
Mean Machine
SultanofSmack
endzone
ROCK
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ROCK

ROCK

What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Empty
PostSubject: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 7:55 pm

The Big Ten is going to be more serious about adding a 12th school to the conference. Who do ya want? I like Notre Dame but I know it will never happen because of NBC and having the freedom of creating thier own schedule. If not ND then who? Cincinnati, West Virginia, Pitt, a MAC school. I think Missouri would be a great fit. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:17 pm

I think they will try to grab a team from the Big East Conference. These are my top 3 teams I think they should try and get. I think they should try and get a team that will be consistent in winning 7-9 games each year.

1. Cincy

2. WVU

3. Pitt
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:18 pm

I think the expansion of the Big Ten is way overdue. They let all the other conferences get all the attention at the end of the year. They need a title game. I would love to see Cincinnati or West Virginia.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:32 pm

we need a team that broadens our recruiting base, so i say rutgers or maybe syracuse to get into that new york market.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 10:24 pm

I agree with basement nation, Rutgers or Syracuse would be a pretty good fit, Syracuse better than Rutgers, but both I think would be welcomed to the Big 10.

I don't think that WVU, PITT or UC would want to give up that automatic BCS bid that they contend for every year in football to go to the Big 10
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 10:35 pm

I would like to see Notre Dame join the Big Ten. I know this wont happen so I think they should try to steal Kentucky from the SEC. Cincy don't want in the big ten, it's not a good fit for them. I don't see anyone from the Big East competing very well in the Big Ten. Lets face it, beat Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State to go to a bowl game or beat WVU, Pitt, Uconn, Louisville. The latter is the easiest road to make money and that is what these decisions are based on. If not we would have a playoff system like every other major sport in the United States has.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 10:43 pm

Just from a fan perspective I would like to see Cincy or WV but I agree with what you guys said about Rutgers and Syracuse.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 11:49 am

I'm starting to think maybe Mount Union deserves a shot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/22/2009, 3:40 pm

1- West Virginia
2- Missouri
3- Pitt
4- Michigan
Back to top Go down
Elder

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 2:17 pm

Go back to 10 schools and get rid of Northwestern!
Back to top Go down
Elder

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 2:18 pm

Go back to 10 schools and get rid of Northwestern!
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 11:02 pm

I would get rid of Indiana before Northwestern
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 6:59 am

Mecum's garage wrote:
I would get rid of Indiana before Northwestern
Can't get rid of Indiana because of basketball.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 5:59 pm

Its not like their basketball program has been stellar lately.
Back to top Go down
ScAtMaN15

ScAtMaN15

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 5:49 pm

Pitt....Id pay for the ticket to watch the Bucks and Pitt @ Heinz Field
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?   What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What school would you like to be the 12th in the Big Ten?
Page 1 of 1