Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Sultan in Chicago

Go down 
+3
Mecum's garage
Mean Machine
SultanofSmack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

The Sultan in Chicago Empty
PostSubject: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 12:37 pm

Trip here was fine. I didn't know Indiana was a communist country. No purchasing of refreshments for the Sunday ride. Last night we ate at the original Uno's. The very place where the first ever Chicago deep dish pizza was served. Each bite is a behemoth and packed full of flavor. The secret is the cheese is the first layer followed by the freshly made sauce. You can taste 5 or 6 different things in every bite. The pizza is not for pepperoni lovers as the pepperoni all but disappears in the mountain of flavor. The only other drawback was that I could only eat 2 pieces. Rock could not eat a medium pizza by himself.
The ESPN Zone was great. Nothing says class like having a TV above the urinal. Today will be the Sears Tower, 2 more pizza joints and off to Soldier Field.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 3:59 pm

Hope you took the flavor saver. It's gonna be a cold one.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 4:28 pm

Flavor saver is in my pocket. Don Shula's Steakhouse does not serve wings. Think he would have learned from never getting Marino a running back or a defense. Sears Tower had an awsome view and hit Nike Town which was cool to walk around but I was to cheap to buy anything.
Gino's Deep dish for lunch. Had a better crust than Uno's (which is like a pie) but Uno's freshly made sauce is unbeatable. A great pie by any standards but did not put an all out assault on the taste buds like Uno's. The deep dish is a real hunger buster. I would have to become bulimic if I spent to much time here. To much great food to sample.
Off to Soldier Field to watch the legend.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 8:21 pm

Your gonna be froze tonight.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 9:02 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Off to Soldier Field to watch the legend.
Orlando Pace?
Back to top Go down
boker63

PostSubject: bears   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/29/2009, 12:35 am

going to be cold go bears
Back to top Go down
rodman85

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/29/2009, 10:28 am

Did the Sultan survive the cold? Must be at home replenishing the electrolytes.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/29/2009, 10:50 am

What a trip. At the stadium 5 hours before kickoff so got plenty of time in the lovely Chicago weather. Big props go out to Bear's fans T.J. Scruggs and Brandon Taylor. These boys are tailgating legends. They did pheasant stuffed with a jalopeno and cream chesse wrapped in bacon with a chipolte rub. WOW!!!

What happened to the Vikes defense? Cutler looked like Phathead was controlling him on Madden.
Back to top Go down
Bishtakes

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/29/2009, 4:35 pm

Two totally different halves of football. Of course with me being a HUGE Vikings fan since 1972, my night went from "postal" to "elation", back to "postal". So-called friends kept calling and giving me a bunch of sh_t. "Hey Peterson!!!Hang onto the frickin ball".
Da Bears outplayed them regardless. I was invited to go to the game and as cold as it looked...I'm glad I didn't go.

See everybody on the 16th as the festivities will be in the garage (the garage that is connected to the house, which is heated and will have 3 TV's). A word of advice...with Kirkendall, Savage and Norway cooking, wear pants with elastic, leave your cell phones at home and bring your own bucket. I will explain it all later.

BTW...VIKINGS will be in the Superbowl and they will actually win this time.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime12/29/2009, 7:34 pm

Bishtakes wrote:
Two totally different halves of football. Of course with me being a HUGE Vikings fan since 1972, my night went from "postal" to "elation", back to "postal".
My night went from "Who the heck are these guys!" to "Here we go again" then to "Gould is Gold!" then to "Here we go again" then to "YeeeHaww". Then I realized it was 12:30am and I had 4 hours to sleep, but it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sultan in Chicago   The Sultan in Chicago Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sultan in Chicago
Page 1 of 1