Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NFL Competition Committee....

Go down 
+2
Warpig
PhatHead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

NFL Competition Committee.... Empty
PostSubject: NFL Competition Committee....   NFL Competition Committee.... Icon_minitime1/3/2010, 7:27 pm

What do you think of the NFL Competition Committee saying that it will look at NFL teams not playing their best players in the final games of seasons after locking up playoff spots?

I'm a believer that if you secure your playoff position and want to rest or protect your best players, then you've earned that right. (Look at Wes Welker)

I understand that it stinks for some other teams that are scrambling to make the post season and need losses for teams ahead of them, but they shouldn't have put themselves in that position. Everyone starts the season with their destiny in their own hands.

What do you think? Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: NFL Competition Committee....   NFL Competition Committee.... Icon_minitime1/3/2010, 9:49 pm

If the Colts win the Super Bowl this season, I don't think anyone will complain about the 14-2 regular season record.

Football is a business, and you have to protect your investment. Indy clinched the #1 seed and home field throughout, so therefore pull your prized possessions and get ready for the playoffs. Welker's injury today should have a lot of Colts or Saints fans saying to themselves "I'm glad that wasn't Manning or Brees."

The only people I feel sorry for in this situation are fans who could be like me. Going to a game would require a lot of budgeting and if I had the opportunity to see my favorite team late in the year, got there and watched the #1s play two series then I would want a refund as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
monstermedic130

monstermedic130

PostSubject: Re: NFL Competition Committee....   NFL Competition Committee.... Icon_minitime1/3/2010, 10:28 pm

I don't have a problem with teams resting injured or banged up players. I just hope that 2 loses going into the playoffs where you have a by-week to start the playoffs don't mess up your timing/chemistry/mojo. As we seen last year when Brady was injured for the season in the first game, injuries can happen anytime. It's good to see the back-ups get some playing time incase they are needed but you dont want to compromise your starters with lack of playing time. It's one of those things, If the Saints or Colts win it all then you know what your doing is right, if they get knocked out of the playoffs then it wasnt a good idea, hind site is 20/20.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: NFL Competition Committee....   NFL Competition Committee.... Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 1:08 pm

If i buy tickets to a week 16 or 17 game to watch my favorite team, I want the star players to be playing.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: NFL Competition Committee....   NFL Competition Committee.... Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 3:55 pm

My Cowboys were up 24-0 yesterday against the Eagles and had Romo in with 2:00 min to go and were throwing the ball. Cowboys are not scared, dont know why everyone else thinks they can back their way into the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: NFL Competition Committee....   NFL Competition Committee.... Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 6:08 pm

Listen to the Cowboys fan talking smack. It was funny yesterday, an old Marine buddy from Dallas was traveling to Canton and stopped to spend the night with me. I signed him up (devildog) and told him it was ironic on the day he stopped in I was actually rooting for Dallas (wanted Favre to have the bye).
I agree it would suck if you made plans and went to watch your team play and the starters were sitting but you have to keep your eyes on the prize. Indy and New Orleans EARNED that right. Tough luck for everyone else. If they really want to make the competition better they should look at why Brady gets a roughing the passer penalty everytime someone gets within 2 feet of him while someone like Chad Henne can get raped with no call. Same thing goes for some of the receivers.
As for players sitting out or not, you can't get a stronger argument than Wes Welker. I don't like the Pats but what a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Competition Committee....   NFL Competition Committee.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Competition Committee....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sultan of Smack :: Your first category :: Click here to enter forum-
Jump to: