Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"

Go down 
+5
derkum8
SultanofSmack
The Champ
ScAtMaN15
Mean Machine
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Empty
PostSubject: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 9:33 pm

Lets hear em. College Football players only. I will do a couple different numbers every few days until we come up with a Sultan of Smack Forum all-time numbers team. I'll keep track of the winners for each number.

Last edited by basement nation on 1/15/2010, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 9:39 pm

I'll start it off:

1. Anthony Carter, UM

2. Charles Woodson, UM
Back to top Go down
ScAtMaN15

ScAtMaN15

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 9:55 pm

I hate to say it but your right....#1. Carter...#2 Woodson...I'd argue Deion Sanders but no Heisman...
#3. Joe Montana or Carson Palmer
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 10:47 pm

Are we going on career or just who we think were great players? I am going with Willis McGahee for the number 2
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 11:02 pm

I would love to argue Anthony Carter but I honestly don't know any #1's. I guess he wins by default if nobody can come up with a better one. Don't suppose you would let me slide Boom Herron in over him.

I have to argue for Deion for #2. Probably the best shut down corner of all time and watching him return was magical. Hard to argue against Woodson though, he was and still is great. Honorable mention to Chris Carter.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 11:16 pm

The Champ wrote:
Are we going on career or just who we think were great players? I am going with Willis McGahee for the number 2

Vote however you want, the most votes gets the nod, but how can you vote a one year wonder over a heisman trophy winner in woodson, or the best cover man this world has ever seen in Primetime.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 11:20 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
I would love to argue Anthony Carter but I honestly don't know any #1's. I guess he wins by default if nobody can come up with a better one. Don't suppose you would let me slide Boom Herron in over him.

I have to argue for Deion for #2. Probably the best shut down corner of all time and watching him return was magical. Hard to argue against Woodson though, he was and still is great. Honorable mention to Chris Carter.

I almost went wilth Deion myself, but then I just couldn't overlook that heisman trophy and national championship. Either one is a great choice. I have a feeling there is gonna be a strong buckeye lean to this.
Back to top Go down
ScAtMaN15

ScAtMaN15

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 2:30 am

i dont wanna be buckeye bias at all on this one...i believe Woodson is and was the best to ever wear #2
Back to top Go down
derkum8

derkum8

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 7:06 pm

#1 Boom Herron #2 Chris Carter
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 8:52 pm

basement nation wrote:
The Champ wrote:

Vote however you want, the most votes gets the nod, but how can you vote a one year wonder over a heisman trophy winner in woodson, or the best cover man this world has ever seen in Primetime.

Willis Mcgahee was probably the second best college running back i've had the chance to watch. He was a beast. Woodson did win a heisman and national title but the national title was a team effort and shouldn't be considered in this arguement.

Last edited by The Champ on 1/17/2010, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 9:18 pm

#1 my vote is Anthony Carter, but based on college alone I thought about Charles Rogers too.
#2 my vote is Prime Time with a nod going to Charles Woodson.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 10:51 pm

I will not vote for a Michigan player sorry just couldn't live with myself. My vote for the best # 2 is Deion with Chris Carter a close second. Dont know to many # 1 so I will vote for Boom Herron.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/17/2010, 1:45 pm

#1 Percy Harvin
#2 Woodson
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/17/2010, 1:52 pm

1 Harvin
2 Sanders
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/17/2010, 3:49 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
I will not vote for a Michigan player sorry just couldn't live with myself. My vote for the best # 2 is Deion with Chris Carter a close second. Dont know to many # 1 so I will vote for Boom Herron.

Well if Mecum can vote Boom Herron on this and not feel embarassed I am gonna give my vote for #1 to Jason Witten.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 10:51 am

I want to change my vote for #1 to Percy Harvin
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 2:38 pm

I never seen such Michigan haters. This list is going to be wolverineless, trojanless, and polluted with bucknuts.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 3:05 pm

I for one am voting unbias. Primetime is one of my all time favorites and deserves the nod just as much as Woodson. I'll vote for a Wolverine if need be. What number was Desmond Howard?
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 3:16 pm

You aint picking Desmond over Barry Sanders and neither am I. he wore 21. I am just messing around with ya'll anyway.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 3:31 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:

I would also like to add that I hate Florida much more than I do Michigan. At least all of Michigan's greatest players have come from Ohio. Even your man Woodson is from Ohio as well as Crable, Grbac, Desmond Howard, and Ricky Powers just off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/18/2010, 5:26 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
SultanofSmack wrote:

I would also like to add that I hate Florida much more than I do Michigan. At least all of Michigan's greatest players have come from Ohio. Even your man Woodson is from Ohio as well as Crable, Grbac, Desmond Howard, and Ricky Powers just off the top of my head.

I never said I didn't like Ohio High School Football, I just don't like Ohio State. Besides, I wouldn't call all those guys you listed Michigan's greatest players. Woodson and Howard yes, and Grbac was good, but Crable and Powers were only average. Powers started as a redshirt freshman then couldn't even get on the field the rest of his years.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/20/2010, 7:25 pm

Bout to close up voting for this one. If you still want to vote get it done 2nite.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 5:16 pm

Voting Closed

Final tally
1. Anthony Carter 3
Percy Harvin 3
Boom Herron 2
Jason Witten 1

2. Deion Sanders 4
Charles Woodson 3
Chris Carter 1
Willis Mcgahee 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"   Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Player ever to wear number 1 or 2 in college?"
Page 1 of 1