Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?

Go down 
+3
ROCK
SultanofSmack
Mean Machine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Empty
PostSubject: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 2:06 am

Let's here some of the funniest or most memorable things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?

I remember one when Rock was ticked off because someone smashed his cigarettes that he was keeping tucked under his shoulder pads.

Eddie Nott wearing sponges for thigh pads one year was pretty funny too.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:13 am

Better enjoy it this year. Unfortunately the alumni game has turned into being a thorn in my side. Instead of looking forward to it like I used to I have started to dread it. I'm going to tell the guys this year, either they make it fun for me again or it will be the last one.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 12:07 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Better enjoy it this year. Unfortunately the alumni game has turned into being a thorn in my side. Instead of looking forward to it like I used to I have started to dread it. I'm going to tell the guys this year, either they make it fun for me again or it will be the last one.
What happened in last years game was very unfortunate and shameful and if guys can't get along, have fun, and not worry about who is winning it is pointless to continue the game. I was sick after what happened last year. There is always a handfull of guys who ruin it for everyone. Do you think Eddie Nott, Sam Jones, or Dob Dugan ever cared who made a big play or was winning a meaning less Alumni game? They just wanted to take their old asses out there, get it out of their system, so they aren't standing on the sidelines during the season saying I wish I had one more game. That is what it is about. One more chance to suit up and play the game we all love how it is supposed to be played, without a flag or 2 hand touch.
The week of the game I tell guys I work with about our big Alumni Game. Most don't even get the opportunity to play such a game and the ones that do are SHOCKED when they find out we are playing full contact football with 30,40,50 sometimes 60 year old men. What we have is unique to any other Alumni Game it would be a shame to see it go, but if guys can't have fun or get pissed of cause a guy 20yrs younger out ran them and ran his mouth afterwards, then maybe we don't deserve the game.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 12:33 pm

You know I did not like the fight but I suppose you are going to have that every now and then in football. I am more concerned with guys complaining all the time, sorry I don't have enough equipment and can't get Ed Hocculi to officiate. Like I'm going to cheat someone down there.

I also think the language and sportsmanship have been atrocious and the last couple of years I have left the stadium downright embarrassed. At least half of our fans are children and we model the most abysmal sportsmanship possible. The language and loud curse words for everyone to hear. I had a couple of old ladies who love going to the game tell me they may not return because of the foul language that everyone can hear.

Like I said, I either have fun this year or this is it. I can run a golf tournament and make as much money as we do at the football game.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 12:45 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
You know I did not like the fight but I suppose you are going to have that every now and then in football.
Not in Alumni football you shouldn't. It's not like we're playing for a state title. Besides if your over 20 all fights should take place at Sam's Gym or Charlies Basement. That being said a golf scramble sounds great to me and my old bones.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 3:07 pm

Back to the topic, I thought it was pretty funny the year that the Short Bus ran roughshod all over the young guys.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 5:54 pm

Well, Rock and Rusty,
You guys are absolutely correct! I apologized for my actions last year and will do so again today. I made a mistake and can only ask forgiveness from the Alumni Association and the people there watching. I got caught up in the young guys complaining. I was trying to have fun they was treating it like it was the Super Bowl. My buddy got wacked in the back and I lost control of my emotions. I apologize once again, I did not represent myself very well and frankly it's one of the most embarrassing things I have done in my life. Embarassed I would absolutely hate it if this ended something that Rusty started for a great cause. The first years of this were great. We just went out there and played and tried to hit each other hard and shake hands afterward. We need to work to get it back to that and clean things up. We are there to provide entertainment and provide scholarships for our kids who dedicate themselves to play football for Trimble.

Tom Hardy

btw I liked LR's Famous td catch! and when I got to put my helmet in Oz's side on a halfback pass and he moaned you bas_ _ _. Was fun for me, not so much for Oz. Razz
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 6:17 pm

Tiberius wrote:
I liked LR's Famous td catch! and when I got to put my helmet in Oz's side on a halfback pass and he moaned you bas_ _ _. Was fun for me, not so much for Oz. Razz
Mine was getting blind sided by Bill Shust two years in a row. Even though we are both on the same team now, I owe him one!! Maybe it will be during warm ups in the middle of a jumping jack! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 7:59 pm

Joey Wright pulling and cleaning Jimmy Holbert was very funny. Joey crushed on that play
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 8:07 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Joey Wright pulling and cleaning Jimmy Holbert was very funny. Joey crushed on that play
I have been hit by Joe Wright pulling on a trap play......it's not funny! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 8:20 pm

Well Rock, I know its not, but as long as it aint me. Very Happy I know how dude can hit. I had to block him for 2 straight years in this alumni game. I was extremely sore. Run the ball, then go block Joe on pass plays when he knows we are going to pass. I knew he was going to be good when he was a freshman. We would send an upperclassmen off the field and the tell certain coaches to send in Joe as a freshman.
Back to top Go down
monstermedic130

monstermedic130

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 9:03 pm

I remember when we had the alumni games back in the late 80's (only lasted a couple years). I remember I lined up on defense over my Uncle John Dixon, he had a swisher sweet cigar clenched in his teeth saying "COME'ON YOU PU$$Y".
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 9:06 pm

monstermedic130 wrote:
I remember when we had the alumni games back in the late 80's (only lasted a couple years). I remember I lined up on defense over my Uncle John Dixon, he had a swisher sweet cigar clenched in his teeth saying "COME'ON YOU PU$$Y".

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz P Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz P Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
monstermedic130

monstermedic130

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 9:08 pm

If I ever score/get the chance to score I ain't stoppin till I get to the Shingle inn. If you all need the ball back, it will be sitting on the bar stool next to me.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:29 pm

First alumni game of the Rusty Martin era, right before halftime, Young guys ran a double-pass Rusty Richards to Charlie Gatchel, Charlie catches the lateral and sets up to throw when Bruce Fouts unloads on him. Charlie gets knocked back, reverses his field, and breaks a few tackles, gaining probably 15-yards on a play that lasts about 45 seconds. The young guys called time out. Then when the young guys' time out was over, the old guys called time out. Then when the old guys' time out ended, the young guys called time out again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
monstermedic130

monstermedic130

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 10:34 pm

The collision between Mark Jenkins and Bruce Fouts when Fouts Facemask was bent from the hit.
Back to top Go down
Scooter

Scooter

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 11:51 am

Jimmy Holbert playing safety about 40 yards off the ball. That was always funny to me
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime1/25/2010, 1:13 pm

I also liked the play when Oz busted loose and only had Jimmy Holbert to beat. Jimmy hit him in the ankles and oz flipped and landed on his gourd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?   Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best things that have happened during the Trimble Alumni game?
Page 1 of 1