Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are the communist happy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Are the communist happy? Empty
PostSubject: Are the communist happy?   Are the communist happy? Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 5:00 pm

It looks like football is about to be ruined by greedy millionaires the same way baseball was. The NFL is looking at an uncapped year. Jerry Jones has got to be frothing at the mouth. Dallas will probably sign Brandon Marshall, Peppers and Darrin Sharper.

Talk about people who can't see the forest for the trees. All the small market teams will be phased out just like in baseball. This is the beginning of the end for football being the most popular professional sport. Anyone know where I can buy some cheap hockey jerseys?
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Are the communist happy?   Are the communist happy? Icon_minitime2/10/2010, 9:48 pm

Better get your self a Redskins jersey, with an uncapped year they'll be tough. It would be nice to see Chicago get Peppers! but the McCaskeys are tight asses and it will never happen. If they do away with the salary cap they are doing away with the parody we have enjoyed in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
monstermedic130

monstermedic130

PostSubject: Re: Are the communist happy?   Are the communist happy? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 12:41 pm

We still have college and high school football.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Are the communist happy?   Are the communist happy? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 7:03 pm

I was told by someone that the league has some sort of rule in place for this situation when it happens. Something about teams that made the final 8 in the playoffs last year was not allowed to sign free agents from other squads or only being allowed to sign an X amount of free agents. I don't know remember for sure and I haven't looked into myself. If this is the case though, it would even the playing field a little.

I am not a real big fan of parody anyway. Yes it keeps things exciting every week, and even Bengals fans can really be hopeful when they say "wait till next year". However, all you get is a bunch of average teams. I liked it when there were powerhouses who when you knocked them out of the playoffs you had a real accomplishment to be proud of.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Are the communist happy?   Are the communist happy? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 8:31 pm

basement nation wrote:
I am not a real big fan of parody anyway. I liked it when there were powerhouses who when you knocked them out of the playoffs you had a real accomplishment to be proud of.

Your a Cowboys fan!!! Jerry Jones isn't afraid to spend money. The Bears owner is an 85 year old woman (Virginia McCaskey) who thinks we are still in The Great Depression. She don't know Julius Caesar from Julius Peppers! No cap would kill the Bears. The are a big market team but they have some tight ass owners.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Are the communist happy?   Are the communist happy? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 8:37 pm

True
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the communist happy?   Are the communist happy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are the communist happy?
Page 1 of 1