Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What did we learn week 1 college football

Go down 
+4
The Champ
endzone
Mean Machine
SultanofSmack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

What did we learn week 1 college football Empty
PostSubject: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/5/2010, 11:56 am

What did we learn from this week. Maybe the Gators aren't so good? Is Denard Robinson for real? He sure looked spectacular Saturday and RichRod has the spread clicking. How good is Jacksonville State?
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/5/2010, 12:28 pm

Learned absolutely nothing. 1 game against a scrub doesn't tell alot. Next week will tell a much better story with some really good matchups.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/5/2010, 2:23 pm

We didnt learn too much but I think Denard is going to be real good and that the Gators are starting with a new qb and a new center and also have some young guys(inexperienced) starting on both sides of the ball. The talent is there they just need a few games to gel together(I hope). Its tough to gauge from the first game like nation said in that they all play scrubs but once again a 1AA team beats a big conference team. That doesnt look good for the SEC. This week should be a better week and we should be able to tell if some teams have what it takes and the ones who dont.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/5/2010, 2:57 pm

I think I've learned that a team other than an SEC squad will win the nation title. My vols won 50 -0 which isn't anything to brag about against UT-Martin but for them to put up 50 and pitch a shutout that was surprising to me. They got a good game against oregon down at neyland next saturday night. Oregon coming off a 72-0 drubbing of someone. I look for this game in knoxville to get out of hand by the end. I'll go with Oregon 42-17
Back to top Go down
ScAtMaN15

ScAtMaN15

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/5/2010, 8:20 pm

Ohio St. vs Miami (Fl)...Michigan vs Notre Dame...Florida St. vs Oklahoma all on @ 3:30pm....DAMN
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 12:44 pm

Nobody making any bold predictions? Can Basement's Blue take out the Irish?
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 8:51 pm

here is a prediction for ya, big blue goes to notre dame and wins by two scores, the canes come to the shoe and steal a win. Ohio States offense looks pretty stale as pryor shows his true colors with three interceptions and a fumble.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 12:09 am

I'm not much for making predictions, but here is a couple I am pretty confident in. Joe Pa is in for a world of hurtin this week in Tuscaloosa. Denard Robinson will not make it through the season without an injury that causes him to sit out some games. I hope I am wrong with both.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 1:05 pm

I learned that my prediction is coming true. FSU pushes out Bobby Bowden, knowing full well that they would be LOADED this year. Makes Jimbo Fisher look good and the athletic dept. look smart.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 1:54 pm

Some great games this weekend, it sucks they all play around 3-330. Hoping FSU can take out OKlahoma and Penn St can upset bama and ND/Mich may be best game of the weekend.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 4:05 pm

I dont see penn state beating bama but i do think fsu will be oklahomo and notre dame/michigan should be another classic just like last season and hopefully the same result so i can sell me some tickes.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 5:39 pm

Penn State will get beat by 20. Right now I think they are the 5th best team in the Big Ten. Actually be rootin for the Wolverines.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 6:04 pm

Lest we forget that TCU also already won their toughest match up and started off ranked 6th. If all the big boys have one loss could we see a Boise/ TCU National Championship game? Just askin
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 10:36 pm

Boy wouldn't that throw a wrench in the BCS. Would love to see it happen, but it won't. They will just change their voting in the polls the last week so it works out how they want it to.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 10:51 pm

I learned that just because you emphasis special teams doesn't mean you can execute special teams when it counts...Beamer ball was not to be on Monday night
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did we learn week 1 college football   What did we learn week 1 college football Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did we learn week 1 college football
Page 1 of 1