Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

College football week 8

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

College football week 8 Empty
PostSubject: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/23/2010, 11:59 am

Big showdown in the SEC. We start the week with 10 undefeated teams but there can be no more than 8 at the end. The Bucks will get better and maybe Hollister Hero can get off their case for a week.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/23/2010, 6:37 pm

Sure would be a shame if Iowa State don't crack the top 25 after that big win.

Fear the vest
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/23/2010, 6:49 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Sure would be a shame if Iowa State don't crack the top 25 after that big win.

Fear the vest

Don't worry I fear any man in a vest.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/23/2010, 9:23 pm

Congratulations on the wingheads not losing today. What happened to your van? Did you sell it?
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 2:03 am

Nope, I decided to keep it. Thinkin about painting all 42 Big Ten Titles on the side of it.
Back to top Go down
hollister hero

hollister hero

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 1:52 pm

big win for the bucks yesterday they looked good against hocking college. at least they aren't as bad as michigan
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 6:37 pm

basement nation wrote:
Nope, I decided to keep it. Thinkin about painting all 42 Big Ten Titles on the side of it.

That is what you call a good comeback. Are u gonna get Blue Monster to help you with that? I'm not even gonna ask the Champ about his Vols.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:11 pm

I was waiting on gridiron glory yesterday morning and happened to see Jim Tressel on PBS singing "won't you be my neighbor".
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:15 pm

Basement,
I didn't know you were so talented. You did a heck of a job carvin RichRod's face onto that pumpkin.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:17 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
basement nation wrote:

That is what you call a good comeback. Are u gonna get Blue Monster to help you with that? I'm not even gonna ask the Champ about his Vols.

At least I had the sac to reply back to you. I seem to remember last Saturday some loser kept texting me all day while I was trying to enjoy my last road trip of the year. I wasn't even watching football, but kept getting ragged about the Michigan game via text. Then when Ohio State lost to Wisconsin later that night I decided to give him a little of his own medicine. He must of miraculously lost my number because I haven't heard from him since.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:19 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Basement,
I didn't know you were so talented. You did a heck of a job carvin RichRod's face onto that pumpkin.

Thats actually Greg Robinson, the Defensive coodinator.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:24 pm

Dude the vols suck. I'll admit it. I hope some day they can go to the big ten and play the likes of purdue minnesota indiana illinois ohio eastern michigan and marshall. Tennesee wont win five games this year but if they played Ohio state's schedule they would win atleast seven. Come talk to me when OSU beats an SEC team.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:32 pm

I know you're probably right, Ohio State would struggle with Vandy, Kentucky, Miss. St., Ole Miss, Georgia and Tennesee.

Basement, Sorry I didn't back to you, the poundin put me in a state of depression so I was busy counting all my fantasy football trophies to cheer me up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:38 pm

Sultan,

If you sit here and try to defend the big ten you are football ignorant. The SEC is head and shoulders better than the Big Ten. OSU plays a trimble schedule. Beat the weak teams and lose to the good ones. 4 striaght national titles looking for a fifth, that says it all. OSU lost one game and the chances they get into the title game is slim and none. That right there should tell ya how good they are. People get tired of seeing them lose to the good teams so they dont deserve a chance at a national title.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 8:46 pm

I don't try to argue against the SEC their accomplishments speak for themselves. However, I don't like people raggin the Big Ten all the time. There are some weak teams at the bottom as in any league but there are also some good teams at the top. The Big Ten is a better football conference than any out there except the SEC. They had a good bowl season last year and I expect the same this year.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 9:12 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
I know you're probably right, Ohio State would struggle with Vandy, Kentucky, Miss. St., Ole Miss, Georgia and Tennesee.

Basement, Sorry I didn't back to you, the poundin put me in a state of depression so I was busy counting all my fantasy football trophies to cheer me up. Very Happy

While I am not asking for your bust to be removed from the Fantasy Football Hall of Fame because I know it would totally crush you, but how long does it actually take to count 2 trophies. RFFL has been around since 2004 and you have won it twice, Fuzz twice, Jones once, and Franco Harris once. That is the only league that I have competed against you in. Yet you tell of all these other championships. For all I know they coulda been against your wife and kids. So they mean about as much to me as the price of rice in china. I have won 5 0r 6 leagues myself, but have never won the RFFL so I don't bring em up. You are 2-0 against me in titles, but i know I suck. I am 8-5 lifetime against YOU though. That's almost COOPEResque out of u.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/24/2010, 9:35 pm

I normally dont rag on people's teams cause I know the vols aren't very good. I hope this changes in the future though however I never look for them to be title contenders because of the schedule they play. Georgia, Florida, South Carolin, and Bama every year with lsu, auburn, ole miss sprinkled in and they usually try to schedule one decent out of conference team recently cal oregon and notre dame. They have OSU on the schedule in a few years and I believe nebraska too. I just get sick of some osu fans talking up their team when they haven't done anything to prove the hype around em. Lets face it, OSU gets alot of hype but hasn't beat a good team all season. Miami is the closest thing and i dont consider them good. Pryor gets a load of hype and he hasn't done anything special all season. Just like for more OSU fans to act like Hollister Hero and tell it like it is.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 8:01 pm

Basement,
The best thing about Franco's title is that he won it by starting two running backs from the same team. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Willy Parker would have 17 carries for 140 yards for 14 points. Bettis would have 3 carries for 2 yards and 2 or 3 touchdowns.

Also all my titles are legit. Phathead shut his league down cause I couldn't be beat, won it 4 years in a row.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 8:07 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Basement,
The best thing about Franco's title is that he won it by starting two running backs from the same team. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Willy Parker would have 17 carries for 140 yards for 14 points. Bettis would have 3 carries for 2 yards and 2 or 3 touchdowns.

Also all my titles are legit. Phathead shut his league down cause I couldn't be beat, won it 4 years in a row.

it was duce and bettis
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 9:15 pm

In light of Charlie's location making fun of the Sultan here are a few stats for ya. I have the most wins in RFFL history. Hollister Hero has never defeated me cheers
Back to top Go down
hollister hero

hollister hero

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 8:57 pm

i am gonna drill you this year sultan unless you get lucky again and your kicker gets you 25
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 9:54 pm

I'm the only owner to in back to back titles. I should be talking some trash. Everyone knows how hard it is to repeat! LOL

In DGFFL the Sultan did win 4 titles in a row and beat me in the championship 2 or 3 years straight.

It doesnt matter what we talk about we can always talk trash and have some fun with it.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 8:15 am

I spent one year in the DGFFL. My first ever game in it I snapped the sultan's big win streak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College football week 8   College football week 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College football week 8
Page 1 of 1