Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playoff football talk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Playoff football talk Empty
PostSubject: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/6/2010, 12:44 pm

Out of all the schools in that league with St. Henry, Versailles, Coldwater, Marion Local it was Delphos St. Johns that went 10-0. Saw where they threw 73 up in round 1. Nobody in D6 wants any part of them.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/6/2010, 2:07 pm

If you draw a MAC School in round 1 of the playoffs you might as well just save the gas money. MAC schools have an astonishing 43-1 all time record in the opening round of the playoffs against non MAC opponents. Minster got in as an 8 seed last night and totally dominated the number 1 team in their bracket. I am calling it now, Delphos St. Johns vs. Marion Local for the D6 title game. 4 point difference in the regular season game. The MAC is the real deal fellas.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 4:07 am

Steubenville, who apparently thought they were too good to play Ohio Schools, went 8 and 0 against out of state opponents this year, and went 0 and 3 against teams from the State of Ohio. Dover bounced them out of round 1 and sent em home. I love it.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 10:44 am

Congrats to Warpig on the big victory over Coal Grove. The Oaks enter the 2nd round with revenge on their minds after Minford defeated them in the regular season 13-0. Great job Pig, G-town is behind you.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 7:14 pm

Man those 2nd round games on the Eliminator are tough.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 7:40 pm

Yeh there wont be no 11 and 1 people next week i doubt. Gonna have to bring our A game Sultan. I wanna at least make the elite eight.
Back to top Go down
NYFan54

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 7:58 pm

D3 R11 - Sheridan will play Dover in Zanesville on Saturday. Kickoff at 7 pm.

D4 R15 - Ironton will play Highland at Logan on Friday. Kickoff at 7:30 pm.

D5 R19 - Wheelersburg will play Fredericktown at NY on Saturday. Kickoff at 7 pm.

D5 R19 - Minford will play Oak Hill (again) at Jackson on Saturday. Kickoff at 7 pm.

D6 R23 - Malvern will play Shadyside at Steubenville on Friday. Kickoff at 7:30 pm.

D6 R 23 - Newark Catholic will play Bridgeport at Zanesville on Friday. Kickoff at 7:30 pm.

LOTS of action to see in the valley this coming weekend.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 9:31 pm

Yes there is, I will catching one both nights. I just can't decide where I want to go. Lots of interesting matchups with easy drive times.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 9:49 pm

I told Pig I would try to come and watch his Oaks but with the cook off that day and such a great game at Boston Field I'll probably have to take that one in.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 10:08 pm

Imagine that Mr Buckeye. The basement clan have decided to hit Logan on Friday and Jackson on Saturday. I will be at the cook off too. Leaving from there and headed to Jackson.
Back to top Go down
NYFan54

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 10:20 pm

Hope you guys enjoy the festivities. I won't be able to partake in SEO football for another 3 years.
Back to top Go down
whompascat

whompascat

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/8/2010, 8:35 am

SultanofSmack wrote:
I told Pig I would try to come and watch his Oaks but with the cook off that day and such a great game at Boston Field I'll probably have to take that one in.

go watch the pigs oaks next week they will beat minford this time.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime11/9/2010, 9:59 pm

I agree Whompas I took the Oaks. Boy those were tough games to pick though. I wasn't comfortable with Slimshady or Bridgeport. The Freddies and The Burg was also quite a toss up. Wouldn't surprise me to see that game go to overtime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playoff football talk   Playoff football talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playoff football talk
Page 1 of 1