Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leaders and Legends..... really ?!

Go down 
+5
endzone
Mean Machine
BROAD STREET
Mecum's garage
PhatHead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Empty
PostSubject: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 3:25 pm

The new Big Ten divisions are going to be named the Leaders Division and the Legends Division..... That is f...ing horrible !!
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 3:59 pm

Shpuld have named them after Woody & Bo....anything but Leaders & Legends, what dumba#$ thought that up. scratch
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 4:37 pm

How about something really crazy like East and West or North and South? Wow, I thought Atlantic and Coastal were stupid!
Some other suggestions...
Yen and Yang
Sweet and Sour
Maple and Bacon
Poor and Stupid
Great Lakes and Corn Fields
Liberal and Conservative
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 4:42 pm

BROAD STREET wrote:
Maple and Bacon

We have a winner..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 5:29 pm

I like great lakes & corn fields myself santa
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 5:57 pm

Here are the rest of the gems they came up with.

Championship game trophies

Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy: Honors Amos Alonzo Stagg (University of Chicago) and Joe Paterno (Penn State)

Grange-Griffin Championship Game MVP: Honors Harold Edward “Red” Grange (Illinois) and Archie Griffin (Ohio State)

Postgraduate Awards

Ford-Kinnick Leadership Award: Honors President Gerald R. Ford (former Michigan player) and Nile Kinnick (Iowa)

Dungy-Thompson Humanitarian Award: Honors Tony Dungy (Minnesota) and Anthony Thompson (Indiana)

Annual Awards/Trophies

Graham-George Offensive Player of the Year: Otto Graham (Northwestern) and Eddie George (Ohio State)

Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Player of the Year: Bronislau “Bronko” Nagurski (Minnesota) and Charles Woodson (Michigan)

Hayes-Schembechler Coach of the Year: Wayne Woodrow “Woody” Hayes (Ohio State) and Glenn Edward “Bo” Schembechler (Michigan

Thompson-Randle El Freshman of the Year: Darrell Thompson (Minnesota) and Antwaan Randle El (Indiana)

Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year: Honors Dave Rimington (Nebraska) and Orlando Pace (Ohio State)

Smith-Brown Defensive Lineman of the Year: Honors Charles Aaron “Bubba” Smith (Michigan State) and Courtney Brown (Penn State)

Griese-Brees Quarterback of the Year: Honors Bob Griese (Purdue) and Drew Brees (Purdue)

Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year: Honors Alan Ameche (Wisconsin) and Ron Dayne (Wisconsin)

Tatum-Woodson Defensive Back of the Year: Honors Jack Tatum (Ohio State) and Rod Woodson (Purdue)

Butkus-Fitzgerald Linebacker of the Year: Honors Dick Butkus (Illinois) and Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern)

Richter-Howard Receiver of the Year: Honors Pat Richter (Wisconsin) and Desmond Howard (Michigan)

Kwalick-Clark Tight End of the Year: Honors Ted Kwalick (Penn State) and Dallas Clark (Iowa)

Bakken-Andersen Kicker of the Year: Honors Jim Bakken (Wisconsin) and Morten Andersen (Michigan State)

Eddleman-Fields Punter of the Year: Honors Thomas Dwight “Dike” Eddleman

Last edited by basement nation on 12/13/2010, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 6:01 pm

Here are a few more....

The Maurice Clarret sportsmanship award
The John Cooper coach of the year award
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 6:03 pm

How do you have a big 10 rb award w/out the name Archie Griffin on it? I know im sounding like a homer, but there needs to be a " Man of the year " Award named after Chris Speilman! If you argue that then your a moron.

Last edited by Mecum's garage on 12/13/2010, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 6:05 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
Here are a few more....

The Maurice Clarret sportsmanship award
The John Cooper coach of the year award

Actually, I think they just let Clarett color the new logo. It's awful too.

[img]Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Btc-st10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 6:09 pm

I think the Big Ten commitee needs to move there meetings somewhere that doesnt serve alcohol. Hollister Hero coulda done a better job on dollar nite at the dirty bird.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 6:52 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
How do you have a big 10 rb award w/out the name Archie Griffin on it? I know im sounding like a homer, but there needs to be a " Man of the year " Award named after Chris Speilman! If you argue that then your a moron.

I think that shows you that the BIg 10 doesnt even think that Archie winning 2 heismans is that big of deal.

He did win 2 but maybe is overall numbers in his career wasn't that good. I'm not a fan so I have no idea but it doesn't seem right I agree

Last edited by endzone on 12/13/2010, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 7:08 pm

I'm sure the meeting included alot of people who were ganging up on the Buckeyes and Wolverines since they have dominated the conference over the years. Dayne was prolly Wisky's only shot a getting a guy honored so they bumped Archie's name to the MVP of the title game. Ohio State and Michigan probably have guys that could be argued for any of em. I know I kinda thought Mike Hart's 1500 yards as a frosh was a little more impressive than randle el.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 9:18 pm

What really gets me is the logo. That color of blue? Lets not do anything aggressive or cool looking. Was Dennis Hopper on the committee for that or what?
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 10:03 pm

Dennis Hopper is a little ...too...uh...dead to be on the design team.

How about the division names of:
Sour Cream and Onion
Salt and Vinegar
Itchy and Scratchy
Bert and Ernie

Awards:
The Lloyd Carr greatness to basement coaching award
The Loser Club Greatest Fans award
The Joe Pa "I've gotta go" greatest run to the restroom during a game by a coach award
The Keith Byars "I got screwed by a little person who heaved a hail mary out of the heisman" second best player of the year award

Mark May just got a whole lot of material for his anti-Big Ten rants
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
The Analyst

The Analyst

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 10:03 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
I like great lakes & corn fields myself santa

Great Lakes and Great Plains Divisions would have been pretty cool I think. My 10 year old could come up with a better logo than that. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 10:06 am

Dennis Hopper is DEAD !!!????
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 10:30 am

Died at the end of last May. Watched Hoosiers the night after he died in rememberance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime12/17/2010, 12:45 pm

Maybe they could get Whompas to design one. How bout we call the divisions Blatz-Old Mill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaders and Legends..... really ?!   Leaders and Legends.....   really ?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaders and Legends..... really ?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sultan of Smack :: Your first category :: Click here to enter forum-
Jump to: