Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!

Go down 
+3
endzone
Tiberius
Mean Machine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Empty
PostSubject: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 6:33 pm

All i kept hearing from the Big Ten homers yesterday was how you can't judge a conference by bowl games. I constantly heard - Anyone can get up for one game..........during TCU vs. Wisconsin. They just played out of there mind for their departing coach...........Florida vs. Penn St. They don't want to be there, they wanted the Rose Bowl.............. MSU vs. Bama. Too many distractions before the game............ Michigan vs. Mississippi St.

How many excused can the Big Ten homers make? Whether you want to be there or not, after about a couple minutes of getting punched in the mouth i would think you would wake up and get after it if ya have any sack at all. The Big ten should be the ones a little extra motivated the way the SEC has dominated the college football world the past decade. The SEC prolly are the ones having trouble getting up for big ten games, they have to think it's an easy win.

I just thought of another....... They ought to win!, they get to play every bowl game in their back yard. Let's see em come into Columbus or Ann Arbor and beat us.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 8:16 pm

Alright Basement, The Big Ten is horrible. Some of your basement buddies have some flawed logic both osu fans and michigan fans. Some suffer from extreme buckeye vision and some suffer from extreme buckeye hate. I get that osu fans are obnoxious and cant see beyond columbus. But I cant help but wonder if there is so much hate and animosity that there is the need for some of the michigan faithful to just say things against ohio state and the big ten. I keep hearing about people cant give credit where credit is due. Buckeye fans always make excuses, but when the OSU/Oregon game from last year was brought up, it wasn't that osu was better. All I hear oregon is better this year and osu was lucky. Osu will probably lose to Arkansas to make it 0 and 10, but it would be nice to hear some people who say noone gives any credit to the likes of TCU acknowledge that the Bucks have been the class of the Big Ten and they beat a very good Oregaon team last year before they rip the big ten to shreads about how horrible it is. In short, I hear the same thing you posted from other people that are not OSU or big ten fans. Even some of them are Michigan fans. one thing I will take from yesterday regardless of osu/arkansas outcome. Everyone is looking up at the SEC and other than the occasional upset here and there, I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 8:36 pm

Im not a fan of either team or the big 10 but I will say that OSU was better last year against Oregon but I also agree that this years Oregon team is better than last year's. TCU should be given some credit cause they was the better team. Their defense was small but faster than Wisconsin O line just like what happened to OSU against Florida. I think what makes the big 10 look bad is how they lose in these games and some people thought Wisconsin was the best team in the country and then they lose to a non AQ school.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 9:25 pm

Endzone I agree with your post. I have no idea why Wisconsin kept trying to run the ball toward the sidelines. Every play they attacked north and south they seemed to get positive yards. Not even going to complain about the 2 point play. TCU was and is better than I thought they were. We shouldn't hear to many people complain if they make into the championship in the near future. Btw I know your a Florida fan so congrats on the win and the SEC dominance on display yesterday.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 9:26 pm

I also think it should be noted that the Big 10 draws tough match ups year after year. Don't get me wrong, its what I want but it also has a little to do with their poor showings. Big 10 had no games against WAC, MAC or Big East. Look at the losses yesterday, lost to Bama, Florida, TCU, Miss. St. and Texas Tech. There is no doubt about the SEC's dominance but I hope the Big 10 continues to get matched up with them. If you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best. Nothin to do now but dust ourselves off and hope there is improvement next year.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 10:21 pm

I have never said the Bucks got lucky last year, i just disagreed when people said Oregon was better last year than this year. I have said on several posts on here the bucks are the class of the big ten. I just don't know how big of a deal that is. Yesterday was entertaining in the basement if nothing else. Only one person got mad and left. lol Your dad put it best when he said that he didn't care what conference they were in, he would never root for Michigan or Nelsonville. Thats how I feel about the Bucks and Nelsonville. No since in being politically correct and lying about it. I get emails and text from people all the time ragging on UM and then the same people try to tell me they root for them unless they play OSU. Yeh Right.

GO HOGS! Woo Pig Sooey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 10:43 pm

I would be less inclined to root for the Wingheads if the game is moved and not played the last game of the year. I want them to be undefeated when we play, the bigger the game the better. Other than that, I still root for any Big 10 team when they play another conference, just not workin out to well this year.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 9:13 am

OSU did beat Oregon last year. Oregon is better this year. It doens't matter who you get matched up with the only objective is to win the game. As far as giving OSU tons of credit for beating Oregon, i'm not gonna do it. I think the Big Ten sucks I also think the Pac-10 is right there with em. The reason the Big Ten always draws tough matchups is because they aren't that good. How are you going to draw an easy game when your team isn't very good to begin with. I sure hope Arkansas whoops the crap out of OSU. OSU needs to get those MAC teams off their schedule and get toughened up.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 11:43 am

The Champ wrote:
OSU did beat Oregon last year. Oregon is better this year. It doens't matter who you get matched up with the only objective is to win the game. As far as giving OSU tons of credit for beating Oregon, i'm not gonna do it. I think the Big Ten sucks I also think the Pac-10 is right there with em. The reason the Big Ten always draws tough matchups is because they aren't that good. How are you going to draw an easy game when your team isn't very good to begin with. I sure hope Arkansas whoops the crap out of OSU. OSU needs to get those MAC teams off their schedule and get toughened up.

Yes we all know that Tennessee had a tough schedule this past season and it sure helped them in the bowl game. Smile

It seems to me that you guys are passing judgment on a whole culture of people due to the comments of two of your own relatives???

Basement most of those comments you posted about were from me, and you know they were made tongue-in-cheek. Those are the same things we heard when Alabama lost a few years ago when they didn't want to be there. And when Oklahoma lost when they didn't want to be there, and KSU, the list goes on and on and it is hilarious to hear people make those kinds of excuses. I will say this though, the SEC teams should be thankful for the Big 10 this year because they sure are not having much success against any other conference in the bowl games. It all comes down to the decision of do you want to proclaim that your team sucks, or don't you? Some fans try to put a positive spin on things, and others are so distraught that their team is down, they want to say all other teams in the conference suck too. It must make them feel better and to each his own. But leave it to those types to belittle someone who says they actually root for a rival when they play other teams. Smile

At any rate, a good time was had by all, and a new beverage has arisen as the local favorite IMO. Burger Classic has narrowly edged out Blatz as the current drink of choice amongst the Basement goers. Just be sure to apply hot sauce to bring out the full flavor. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 1:58 pm

Hey attack, what did you end up doing with tha love seat that you covered with kerosene out in the yard and was gonna burn it when you though Penn St. was gonna beat Florida?
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 2:00 pm

basement nation wrote:
Hey attack, what did you end up doing with tha love seat that you covered with kerosene out in the yard and was gonna burn it when you though Penn St. was gonna beat Florida?

I just set it on fire a few minutes ago when Cowherd said his insider told him Harbaugh is going to the NFL. LOL
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 3:38 pm

If Cowherd is right, it would prolly be the first time. All the stuff I am reading is saying that those rumors are just a smoke screen till after they play tonight and leverage for Harbaugh to get UM to up the ante. I hope this is the case, but it's gonna be interesting this week. Gonna be all kinds of rumors flying around.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 3:52 pm

basement nation wrote:
If Cowherd is right, it would prolly be the first time. All the stuff I am reading is saying that those rumors are just a smoke screen till after they play tonight and leverage for Harbaugh to get UM to up the ante. I hope this is the case, but it's gonna be interesting this week. Gonna be all kinds of rumors flying around.

Cowherd missed badly on the Florida job, but he is usually right on when he gets the insight. BTW you must have been talking with Herbstreit cause he was really ripping the Big 10 today.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 11:04 pm

hey attack,

show me one time where i've said Tennessee was a good football team. I dont think Tennessee beat a team with a record above .500 all year. Did UT suck? I dont think they did. I think they did a pretty good job with what they were given. 3rd coach in 3 years. 3 true freshman on the line a true freshman qb a first year starter at rb. They might be 6-6 in the SEC well 6-7 now will a bowl loss but they would most likely be 8-4 or 9-3 with OSU's schedule. I dont think losing to SEC teams toughens ya up for Bowl games but I do think its a hell of a lot better than beating MAC Schools. Pretty damn bad when OSU"s best win (record wise) was against Ohio University.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 9:41 am

The Champ wrote:
hey attack,

show me one time where i've said Tennessee was a good football team. I dont think Tennessee beat a team with a record above .500 all year. Did UT suck? I dont think they did. I think they did a pretty good job with what they were given. 3rd coach in 3 years. 3 true freshman on the line a true freshman qb a first year starter at rb. They might be 6-6 in the SEC well 6-7 now will a bowl loss but they would most likely be 8-4 or 9-3 with OSU's schedule. I dont think losing to SEC teams toughens ya up for Bowl games but I do think its a hell of a lot better than beating MAC Schools. Pretty damn bad when OSU"s best win (record wise) was against Ohio University.

Yes I agree that Tenn Martin, Ala Birm, and Memphis are formidable opponents for any team to face. You have never seen me brag about tOSU either. But since you keep hammering them, I have to give you some back. Then you get on here and do the same thing you and others do, but you rip tOSU fans for it, and that is take up for your team. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 2:39 pm

Cant wait til the day OSU plays Tennesee, you guys will have a hay day with that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 7:46 pm

I think we all just need to get together and have a case of Burger Classic.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 9:37 am

basement nation wrote:
I think we all just need to get together and have a case of Burger Classic.

I will bring the hot sauce. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!   Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alabama just scored again......and now Mississippi St. punched another in!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sultan of Smack :: Your first category :: Click here to enter forum-
Jump to: