Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!

Go down 
+4
endzone
SultanofSmack
Warpig
The Analyst
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Analyst

The Analyst

Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 12:27 am

Wanted to let everyone know after an opening round loss, Drew Webster defeated Kenny Price from Archbold 13-9 to advance to day 2 of the state wrestling tournament. I will have to defer to the sultan, but I believe this is the first ever win in the state wrestling tournament for Trimble. Congrats Drew and good luck the rest of the way!!!
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 9:14 am

In the late 1970's Trimble had a wrestler finish second in the state. I'll let the Sultan fill us in on the details, because it is part of his HOF quest
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 5:11 pm

I can't remember if Raymond was the class of 77 or 78. He did make it all the way to the state title match. His placing of 2nd in the state is by far the best athletic accomplishment in school history (with due notice to me coaching an undefeated JV football season). After Raymond there was a long dry spell until Josh Chalfant qualified for the state tourney. Last year Colton Joyce made it. So I guess in short it has been 30 plus years since a Trimble grappler won a match at the state tourney.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 5:32 pm

hey warpig didnt Heath Moore make to the state tourney? Not sure if he won a match but i thought he made but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 3:27 pm

I remember Heath making a pretty good run one year, but I don't know how far he got. I don't think it was our senior year, because Sultan would have coached him then, and therefore remembered it.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 4:16 pm

so does anyone know the final results? I know that other school over the hill had some guys grapplin up there too.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 4:40 pm

http://www.baumspage.com/ohsaa/brackets/2011/bracket3.pdf

then go to the 5th page.

He lost to the Mohawk wrestler, beat the kid from Archbold, then lost to the guy from Delta

Carl Moody from NY finished 6th in the state, all other NY wrestlers did no better than Drew

-Yep and I was editing it to add the line about Moody

Last edited by Warpig on 3/5/2011, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 4:41 pm

Here's a link to all the results. Congrats to all the local guys for a good season. Looks like Carl Moody from that one school finished 6th.

http://www.baumspage.com/ohsaa/wr/2011/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 4:42 pm

I guess we were posting the link at the same time. LOL
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 10:52 am

Barnesville has a pretty rich wrestling history. We've had a few state champions.

1941 - Warren Jones 140 lbs
1955 - Larry Hayes 113 lbs
1976 - Jerry Pryor 138 lbs
1984 - Tim Moxley unlimited (Tim went on the play offensive line for OSU and was drafted by Washington)
1985 - Tim Moxley unlimited

We also won the team state championship in 1984.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 10:54 am

It looks like Matt Yinger from Nelsonville-York won the state 112 pound division in 1989.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 12:28 pm

Heath was a dominate wrestler. He lost in the match to get out his senior year. Think he only lost 3 or 4 times that entire year.

I wrestled with Matt Yinger since 3rd or 4th grade. I never seen him lose a match. His junior year he lost in the state final match so his record was 40something-1. His senior year a perfect record and state title.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 2:49 pm

i beleive it was heaths junior year he went to the states trimble mite have a future in wrestling the youth leauge program had 39 little cats on the mat this year
Back to top Go down
The Analyst

The Analyst

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime3/12/2011, 6:37 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Heath was a dominate wrestler. He lost in the match to get out his senior year. Think he only lost 3 or 4 times that entire year.

I wrestled with Matt Yinger since 3rd or 4th grade. I never seen him lose a match. His junior year he lost in the state final match so his record was 40something-1. His senior year a perfect record and state title.

Actually Ying lost in the sectional finals to a kid from Bishop Ready. He beat the kid up the next week in the districts and followed that up with a state title.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime5/6/2011, 12:29 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
I can't remember if Raymond was the class of 77 or 78. He did make it all the way to the state title match. His placing of 2nd in the state is by far the best athletic accomplishment in school history (with due notice to me coaching an undefeated JV football season). After Raymond there was a long dry spell until Josh Chalfant qualified for the state tourney. Last year Colton Joyce made it. So I guess in short it has been 30 plus years since a Trimble grappler won a match at the state tourney.

Randy Waldeck was a State Champion in the state powerlifting meet in 2006. While winning the championship he set a new record in the dead lift at 650 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!   Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drew Webster Trimble Wrestler!!!!
Page 1 of 1