Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bobby Bowden forced out

Go down 
+2
SultanofSmack
TT1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TT1

Bobby Bowden forced out Empty
PostSubject: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 11:48 pm

Joe Pa has no immediate challengers. How long before Joe retires?
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 6:43 pm

I think JoPa wants to get to 400 wins. He has some time left, it has been quite awhile since he had an accident in his pants on the sideline.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 7:07 pm

doing the Sultan a favor, but this topic caught my eye. Bowden should have gotten to choose his own time for leaving. Florida State was horrible when he took over and he built the program up. My question is how are they going to recruit just letting the man who built the program go into forced retirement?
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 8:12 pm

bowden did build the program but they haven't been very good for a few years now. There comes a time when ya just gotta let the coach go because he can't do it anymore. He has made FSU and top program and they will continue to get recruits and hopefully they can put together a good coaching staff and start challenging for some titles again.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 8:19 pm

I was hoping they would keep him around longer so they can keep sucking! I hate to see him go. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TT1

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 8:27 pm

Good point about Joe waiting until 400. That's a big milestone, but you have to think we will start to hear rumors of a planned retirement next year.

As for Bobby, I think in the long run retiring now is the best thing for him to do. He did an amazing job building FSU into a national power. I would hate to see him preside over a free fall back to obscurity.
Back to top Go down
ScAtMaN15

ScAtMaN15

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime1/9/2010, 11:35 pm

Ill go down saying it....Bobby was the only coach to finish in Top 4 for 15 straight years...Will never be duplicated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Bowden forced out   Bobby Bowden forced out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bobby Bowden forced out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sultan of Smack :: Your first category :: Click here to enter forum-
Jump to: