Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lockout lookout

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime4/5/2011, 5:33 pm

What is everyone thinking about the lockout. Is the season doomed over which millionaires gets the next couple of million? I know I sure do feel sorry for these guys thats trying to pay payments on 3 different mansions and a vacation home. Worrying about their financial trouble helps me not think about how I'm hoping my little girl doesn't need braces that I absolutely can't afford.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime4/6/2011, 2:52 pm

I've really gotten jaded in the last few months.

On one hand I support any union, on the other hand I'm taking extra supplimentals to keep my head above water (I was $1,000 from qualifying for governmental assistance last year). Why should I get behind a group of guys who are at the base making $300,000 to play the game I love? Let them shut down the season, just also allow them to schedule high school or college games on Sundays so I still have a weekend's worth of football.

Maybe we can get the DIaa and lower divisions to have televised games on Sundays next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 10:47 am

I love Sunday football so much my only hope was that they did not "turn me off". Right now I'm about to say hell with it. I quit on baseball in the 90's when they struck and haven't watched until last year when the Reds were contending. I'm leaning for rooting for a cancelled season.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 4:37 pm

wouldn't bother me if the NFL never played another game. I just hate it that the college game is getting just as bad.
Back to top Go down
monstermedic130

monstermedic130

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 2:04 pm

FIX IT !

The owners: Need to pay the players or sell the franchise. If they have to hold the comminuitys/fans accountable for taxes to get new stadiums or threaten to leave then sell the franchise. If you wont show your books , what are you hiding ?
The owners of the NY Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Chicago Bears should know better, these "family" owned teams have been around from the begining and have seen hard times and where they have come from. They have a product that is a billion dollar industry.
The players: Try getting a real job, there are only so many analyst jobs out there. I'm sure not many have degrees that they can fall back on. Be happy with doing something you love or even hate and still make more money (making the league mimimum) than 90% of the population.
20 years ago no one never heard of any of you, 20 years from now most of you wont be remembered, so get out there and get it while you can. The history of the NFL is bigger than you.

p.s. The world is suppose to end in 2012, so lets not go out with football on strike.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime4/12/2011, 10:59 am

NFL Football has become largely un-watchable. Maybe it's because I no longer play Fantasy, or maybe it's because the Raiders have been so bad for so long, but after a Friday night of High School games, and a Saturday full of college games, Sundays just seem so anti-climactic.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime4/12/2011, 6:21 pm

I agree with Broad Street. There just doesn't seem to be any passion in the NFL game. I play fantasy football, but still very rarely watch any football on Sundays. I just keep an eye on the stats with my phone. Dallas is and always has been my favorite team, yet I almost worry more about what some of the Michigan alums are doing in the league than I do the Cowboys players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lockout lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockout lookout   Lockout lookout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lockout lookout
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sultan of Smack :: Your first category :: Click here to enter forum-
Jump to: