Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge

Go down 
+5
Sparkplug
ROCK
Mecum's garage
PhatHead
SultanofSmack
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 7:52 pm

Here is the deal with trivia for the radio show. First off, it has to be something that has to have thought into it but that a good football fan can get. So something like who was the starting 11 on the 1965 Browns is out. The top 5 rushers of all time that played for the same team was a good one.

Secondly, it needs to be something that can't be googled right away. I have come up with hundreds of great trivia questions and then when I google it, the answer pops right up.

After 3 years I am afraid that I have come to the end of my run on creating great (and sometimes not so great) trivia questions.

I propose that I pass this torch off to Team Basement and Team Phathead. You guys come up with the trivia that meets the above criteria. Of course we will make a game of it on air to gain you a little notoriety. You guys submit your trivia questions to me each week and I decide which is the best to use. We will have to come up with something that whoever gets the most questions used gets some type of prize. Still 8 months until I'm back on the air but I thought you might get your wheels a turning. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 7:58 pm

You better include Mecum's Garage with me since most of the SOS listening happened in his garage last year.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 8:06 pm

I would be more than happy to team up with the legend that is Phathead to help the Sultan of Smack with some good old trivia.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 8:08 pm

Phathead,
I meant for you guys to each get a team of people. I think it would be more fun that way. You can call your team whatever you want. Mecum's Garage or The Fabulous Phatheads. I'll talk about it on the air and make it fun. I think we can have a good time with it plus I need the help. I put the challenge to you cause your pretty good at trivia but don't tell anyone I complimented ya.

You guys can recruit Warpig and monstermedic, this is right up their alley.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 8:12 pm

Clarification,
I meant for it to be a competition between The Basement Nation and Phathead/Mecum's Garage.

Team Basement Nation would be Charlie, J.J., Oz, Stanley, Rusty and whoever else.

Team Mecum's Garage would be Mecum, Phathead, Terry and whatever other losers hang out there.

I would play it up on the air about whose trivia question gets used each week. At the end of the year we could have a traveling trophy for whatever team gets the most questions used.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 8:27 pm

Now who's left to anwser the damn question if Mecum's garage and Charlies Basement are making up the questions? scratch
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 8:34 pm

Rock wrote:
Now who's left to anwser the damn question if Mecum's garage and Charlies Basement are making up the questions? scratch

The latest Neilson's Ratings said that I had at least 9 other people listening across Athens County.

Other than that we know you can't answer them. The last time you called in you guessed Lou Ferrigno (for the rest of you that statement is 100 percent true).
Back to top Go down
Sparkplug

Sparkplug

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 8:35 pm

I would go with Mecum's team!
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 8:52 pm

Mecum's Garage will have to sign Rockhold to a 2 yr contract since we currently have one of our members on 2 year tour of the Noble County Correctional Facility. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 9:03 pm

The basement nation is up to the task. We could really use that traveling trophy. We once had a traveling title belt but I am pretty sure that is stayin with me.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 9:09 pm

Rockhold and I hold the current traveling beer drinking trophy for the " Phathaed Invitational " If you stop by the garage I will show it to you and you can help me clean off a spot for this trophy.
Back to top Go down
Sparkplug

Sparkplug

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 9:27 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
Rockhold and I hold the current traveling beer drinking trophy for the " Phathaed Invitational " If you stop by the garage I will show it to you and you can help me clean off a spot for this trophy.
That sounds like a challenge to me Question
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 9:36 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:

Are Terry and I scrubs? We punished our liver and killed our fair share of brains cells to get that trophy too. Sad
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 9:38 pm

We're drafting Fuzz too. We'll offer Rock a 2 year deal and all of Funk's Mil Best that he can drink.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 9:40 pm

Sorry dude my bad
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/7/2010, 10:13 pm

Thanks for including me Phathead.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 12:30 am

The basement accepts the challenge. I just have one question. Why does that other team have to recruit all those guys to take on 5 hermits that reside in a basement? Fuzz used to hang out in the basement but he has now went to the darkside. I think the garage had him in their pockets all along as an undercover spy.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 7:09 am

I'll take Funks Milwaukee's Best. If I get started on that stuff it will be a whole lot cheaper winning that Phathead Inv. Beer Drinking Championship.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 9:17 am

Rock wrote:
I'll take Funks Milwaukee's Best. If I get started on that stuff it will be a whole lot cheaper winning that Phathead Inv. Beer Drinking Championship.

Just think of the damage 99 of those will do to you.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 10:11 am

basement nation wrote:
The basement accepts the challenge. I just have one question. Why does that other team have to recruit all those guys to take on 5 hermits that reside in a basement? Fuzz used to hang out in the basement but he has now went to the darkside. I think the garage had him in their pockets all along as an undercover spy.

By my count it's 5 on 5. Me, Mecum, Terry, Fuzz and Rockhold versus basement nation. It would probably make a heck of a season of The Biggest Loser too.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 11:11 am

Here are the rules:

1. It needs to follow the aforementioned 2 rules, be tough but not too tough to get and can't be googled right a way.

2. If it is about football, it is good. Doesn't matter if it is high school, college or pro.

3. A bit of a rivalry will make good radio but please remember to not cross the line on here if you are ribbing each other.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 12:50 pm

I'm gonna try my best to behave this year. No accidental background noise during our calls.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 6:12 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Here are the rules:

1. It needs to follow the aforementioned 2 rules, be tough but not too tough to get and can't be googled right a way.

2. If it is about football, it is good. Doesn't matter if it is high school, college or pro.

3. A bit of a rivalry will make good radio but please remember to not cross the line on here if you are ribbing each other.
Ya may wanna leave me out of this one. I can't even leave a post with out having to edit it four or five times. There is no delay at 107.7 so I am sure Martin don't have a dump button, so you can't edit a phone call to that radio station.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 6:29 pm

Rock wrote:
Ya may wanna leave me out of this one. I can't even leave a post with out having to edit it four or five times. There is no delay at 107.7 so I am sure Martin don't have a dump button, so you can't edit a phone call to that radio station.

We usually send one drunken idiot outside to talk on the phone with Rusty. The remaining drunken idiots stay in the garage.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime1/8/2010, 10:12 pm

PhatHead wrote:
basement nation wrote:

By my count it's 5 on 5. Me, Mecum, Terry, Fuzz and Rockhold versus basement nation. It would probably make a heck of a season of The Biggest Loser too.

This is really gonna be charlie stanley and I against you five. Oz wont' be around and root usually dicken with the horses, he only comes to the basement when we let him. We still accept the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge   Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement Nation/ Phathead Challenge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next