Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Muschamp turns down Tennesee

Go down 
+2
The Champ
SultanofSmack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Muschamp turns down Tennesee Empty
PostSubject: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 7:06 pm

Who is next? Reports say they are looking at David Cutcliffe who was there offensive coordinator for several years, had a stint at Ole Miss when Eli was there and has been at Duke the last two years.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 7:57 pm

Cutcliffe would be a great fit for the vols. He was there for awhile then left and came back for one season and during that one season Tennessee's offense made great strides from the prior year and they were pretty good. I would really like to see this happen.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 8:18 pm

I don't root for the SEC cause just like all you guys team up against me in fantasy, nobody likes the KING. If there is any team I would pull for a little bit it would be Tennesee. They need to hit a homerun with this hire. Cutcliffe might be it, he had a lot of success at Ole Miss and they canned him.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 8:37 pm

I heard they might be looking at Lovie Smith. He's only in Chicago because the McCaskey's are to big of tight asses to pay him to leave. He knows his days are numbered.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 9:28 pm

Tennesee should have went after Skip Holtz, I think that would have been a good fit. Cutcliffe is probably the front runner. The AD said this morning that rumors of bringing back Phil Fulmer were not true and that he is not a canidate.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 9:50 pm

Skip won't be at USF long. Someone will get him outta there.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 9:51 pm

Probably USC when Kiffin leaves in 6 months.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 9:57 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
Probably USC when Kiffin leaves in 6 months.
Who would have thought anyone could shag ass faster than Nick Saban!
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 9:59 pm

You sure say ass on here alot for an edited site, I see a fine coming on.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 10:01 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
That is all you can get away with on this bible thumpin' web site!
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 10:02 pm

Amen Peppers
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 10:35 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:

He's right, Rock. I'm a moderator here now and I gotta level a fine on you. You gotta drink 12 Mil Best before the end of the weekend.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 11:11 pm

PhatHead wrote:
Mecum's garage wrote:

He's right, Rock. I'm a moderator here now and I gotta level a fine on you. You gotta drink 12 Mil Best before the end of the weekend.
This will be even better than the community service George Pallo gave me that one time.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 11:41 pm

I had to get the site banned at school because of Rock.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 2:46 am

The Vols should hire Rich Fraud.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 10:13 am

Vol nation must be shaking their heads. They hire Rich, I mean, Derek Dooley. The guy went 17-20 at Louisiana Tech and parlayed that into a major coaching job. Why can't Florida be that stupid? This hire makes no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 10:16 am

SultanofSmack wrote:
Vol nation must be shaking their heads. They hire Rich, I mean, Derek Dooley. The guy went 17-20 at Louisiana Tech and parlayed that into a major coaching job. Why can't Florida be that stupid? This hire makes no sense at all.
Wonder if they even asked Skip Holtz?
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 11:17 am

I just can't make sense of this. Louisiana Tech went 4-8 last season.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 7:00 pm

This is the worse move in history! Although the guy did win La Tech's only bowl game in 3 decades he still hasn't accomplished anything to be considered a top notch coach and a coach capable of recruiting and competing against the likes of Meyer, Saban, Nutt, Miles, Richt, or even Spurrier. I sure hope the Vols prove me wrong but this looks like a horrible choice. No big name coaches were interested in the Vols job, muschamp and cutcliffe both declined. Another guy on their list was Air Force's coach, come on can't the vols get someone better than that? Skip Holtz was gone to quick for the vols to get him. This is just a horrible hire, I would have rather them went and brought Fat Charlie (weis not roberts) back to the college ranks.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/16/2010, 10:42 pm

Wow, I thought Tennesee was atleast a top 15 coaching job. How can they settle for this guy, hell the Bobcats went and got Solich and Tennesee has to settle for this? scratch
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/23/2010, 5:50 pm

Dooley just got a commit a couple days ago from the 11th rank WR, this kid had offers from bama, florida, clemson, unc, penn st among others. Dont know if this kid will be worth the price of admission but surprises me that Dooley got him.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 1:53 am

The Champ wrote:
This is just a horrible hire, I would have rather them went and brought Fat Charlie (weis not roberts) back to the college ranks.

I was contacted by Tennesee, but I also turned it down. Too many other things going on to take on that. I have fantasy teams to manage, titles to win back, and many appearances on the Sultan of Smack Hall of Fame Tour.

Seriously, give this guy a chance. He comes from good bloodlines, is still relatively young and may actually stick around for a while. I'm sure UT wanted to avoid the media mess that they got with Lane Kiffen. He could be the next big thing. All the great ones got were they were because someone took a chance on em.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime1/24/2010, 11:18 am

well said Basement Nation, I agree with all but one thing. You aren't winning this title back from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muschamp turns down Tennesee   Muschamp turns down Tennesee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muschamp turns down Tennesee
Page 1 of 1