Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Texas in the Big Ten?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ROCK

ROCK

Texas in the Big Ten? Empty
PostSubject: Texas in the Big Ten?   Texas in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 8:24 pm

From what I heard on the radio today, the Big Ten contacted The University of Texas about joining The Big Ten. I don't think this will ever happen. Why would Texas leave The Big 12 for The Big Ten? This move makes me think The Big Ten doesn't have any confidence in Michigan returning to a national power. Texas would be one hell of a road trip for any Big Ten school, let alone every game in conference the Longhorns would have. Just doesn't make sense to me. Plus Minnesota was a long road trip for the Loser Club, Texas would be excruciating. Bottom line is , it is a bad idea and it won't happen anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Texas in the Big Ten?   Texas in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 8:36 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with Michigan. They just want to get exposure in the Texas recruiting hotbed. Loads of talent down there. That would be the biggest positive, and of course adding a great sports program. You are right though, it will never happen. If it did happen though, the talking heads would think they would come in and dominate. Ask Penn St. how that worked for them.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Texas in the Big Ten?   Texas in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 8:50 pm

Texas is loaded with HS talent. And I am sure the Big Ten is interested in that as well as a new market. It's just so far away. And why would they reach out and try to get a powerhouse like Texas? I think Michigan will be back, then you have OSU, and Penn St. and the occasional Iowa or Wisconsin. I'm not saying go get Marietta College or even Bowling Green, but they really don't need Texas. That being said, I don't think Texas would come in an dominate either, but (like Penn St.) they would have alot of success.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Texas in the Big Ten?   Texas in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 9:34 pm

Texas would be dumb to make the move but you have to like the effort the Big 10 is putting into getting another big time program in the conference. What the latest on that anyway? I heard the Pac 10 is going to try and get another school added so the they arent the smallest conference? Anybody know anything about that?
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Texas in the Big Ten?   Texas in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime2/12/2010, 7:41 am

I hope it doesn't happen. I couldn't take all the whining from most of you all year. Razz
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Texas in the Big Ten?   Texas in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime2/15/2010, 11:55 am

Its about as dumb as the SEOAL. They have struggled the last couple years and there are still rumors that the league may have to scale back or fall apart. Anyone want to travel from Ironton to Zanesville for a Tuesday night girls basketball game? There are plenty of teams that make sense for a Big Ten expansion which needs to happen. There is a ton of money in the league championship games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas in the Big Ten?   Texas in the Big Ten? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas in the Big Ten?
Page 1 of 1