Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cowherd says Big Ten expanding

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Empty
PostSubject: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 2:15 pm

Today on ESPN radio Cowherd said that the Big 10 had a consulting firm do a study to see the economic benefits of adding a 12th team. The economic benefits were staggering so we should expect to see the Big 10 move in this direction very soon. The most possible candidates are Missouri, Pitt, Notre Dame (which we know won't happen) and Rutgers. I wonder if they could get this done before next year?
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 2:32 pm

Since we know Notre dame wont join, I think Pitt would be great addition to the conference. Can you imagine the final weekend of match-ups with OSU/ Mich and Penn St/ Pitt.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 6:11 pm

If it does happen, what is everyone's take on the splitting of the conference. What will it do to the OSU Michigan Rivalry? I would love to see them be able to play in a conference championship game, but also don't want to lose the greatest day of the year in late November.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 6:33 pm

I think you put OSU/Mich in same div. and PSU/Pitt in same div.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 6:42 pm

I believe it was Basement the last time we had this conversation who said Rutgers was the best fit. Financially I guess this is true. Gets the Big 10 into the gigantic New York media market and the fertile recruiting grounds of New Jersey.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 6:58 pm

Yep, Syracuse or Rutgers makes the most sense money wise and rectruiting wise. From just a football standpoint, not so much.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 7:03 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:

The OSU/ Michigan game would overshadow the Conference championship game often times. Does the Big Ten want to risk this? I get what your saying, but I just don't know the right way to do it. How huge would a Conference Championship game between these two be for the Big Ten and television networks?
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/2/2010, 7:24 pm

Rutgers makes more sense than any of them, they actualy contacted Texas about joining (we know that won't happen) I would love to see Pitt or WVU join. There is no chance they'll split up OSU and Michigan.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 10:31 am

basement nation wrote:
Mecum's garage wrote:

The OSU/ Michigan game would overshadow the Conference championship game often times. Does the Big Ten want to risk this? I get what your saying, but I just don't know the right way to do it. How huge would a Conference Championship game between these two be for the Big Ten and television networks?

Put them in different divisions, but keep their guaranteed game every year. That way there would be the chance of them playing the last regular season game against each other and then turning around and playing for the conference championship the next week. How crazy would those 2 weeks be?
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 7:45 pm

Play the last game of the regular season and then turn around and play each other again in the conference championship, that would be absolutely insane which is why I love the idea.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 9:56 pm

Sounds awesome to me, now if Michigan can just return some mystique to the big house, maybe it can happen in a couple years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowherd says Big Ten expanding   Cowherd says Big Ten expanding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cowherd says Big Ten expanding
Page 1 of 1