Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expanding the bracket to 95

Go down 
+2
Mean Machine
SultanofSmack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Expanding the bracket to 95 Empty
PostSubject: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 7:43 pm

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I just don't see the positives here. Why not just do away with the regular season all together?
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/3/2010, 9:58 pm

Yeh, I don't like it either. It's all about the money though, so I'm sure it will happen. Bout as bad as all the 7-6 teams making bowl games nowadays.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/4/2010, 10:13 am

SultanofSmack wrote:
What is everyone's thoughts on this? I just don't see the positives here. Why not just do away with the regular season all together?

I don't like it either. Why does it seem like everyone wants to change the things that work (ie... March Madness), but they won't change the things that don't work (ie..... NFL overtime and a college football playoffs)
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/4/2010, 1:39 pm

All about the money! There going to drag the season out and make it way too long, kinda like what there doing w/ NASCAR, season starts in Feb and ends in Nov. so there is really no urgency to watch in March when it wont end for another 8 months.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/4/2010, 2:43 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Prostituting the good of the game for the money, we see it all to often. It really takes away from the beauty of sport that we all love. I still say 95 teams when only maybe 10 teams have a real chance of winning it all is an absolute travesty. I think ultimately it will hurt the sport, like the NASCAR example, why watch in March when you know it doesn't matter? I don't watch basketball now until about this point in the season, if they go to 95 I will watch even less until the 2nd or 3rd round of the tourney.
Back to top Go down
whompascat

whompascat

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 5:48 pm

who cares basketball is for girls!
Back to top Go down
Tiberius

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 8:53 pm

Horrible idea its watered down enough already.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 9:27 pm

Thats the great thing about football. When Ohio State plays USC, Texas or Miami in week 2 or 3 it is a crucial game. In basketball it doesn't matter. On the other hand that is what makes basketball so great this time of year. I even watched DePaul-UConn today. A team like Cincinnati or Wisconsin can get hot at the right time and win their conference tourney.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanding the bracket to 95   Expanding the bracket to 95 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expanding the bracket to 95
Page 1 of 1