Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

25 YEARS " THE LOT "

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

25 YEARS " THE LOT " Empty
PostSubject: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 2:01 pm

Hard to believe it's been 25 yrs since this great tradition began. Lots of good memories of the best tailgaitiing in SE ohio. So many pre-game festivities and post game celebrations in the last 25 yrs. The Fouts family really gave us all something special over the years, and everyone needs to come out Friday night and show their support and give their thanks for what has been a true Tomcat tradition for the past 25 years. Can you imagine Football friday night in Glouster without " THE LOT "
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 2:06 pm

Thought it would be cool if everyone could post one of their LOT memories or stories. Remember keep it clean!!!!
EX: Remember how there was always the guy who spent 6 hrs at the lot but never brought a cooler or cigs.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 3:31 pm

Playoff game vs. Eastern...happened on a Saturday, so there was plenty of time for pre-game festivities. The game started at 7:00, I got there around 4:00 and the place was already packed. Whole hog roast and a Tomcat win. Love to have a repeat of that some day soon.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 3:42 pm

Remember that day ( not so much the night) there were campers set up in the lot and I believe all the local businesses closed early that day as well, it was a truly great moment for Trimble football.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 4:55 pm

My favorite memory of the lot was 2001 when we finally beat Nelsonville-York. Tony Trace always said he was going to have a party on the 50 yard line when we beat them. I was over at the lot celebrating and heard some noise from the stadium. All of us went over to the 50 yard line and then the GPD came and busted us up. There was probably 25 school employees there and as far as I know only one person was reprimanded by the school...... ME!

The playoff game with Eastern was also awsome.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:19 pm

i think every friday night you get to spend there is a good time always some great stories food and beer
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:59 pm

Probably Southern game 2003. I was coaching at Jackson and we played on a Saturday that weekend. On like, Wednesday, I was talking to a friend of mine from Jackson about watching a game at Trimble and told him about the lot and he said you convinced me, we're going. We went over and the lot was the standard Friday night lot, nothing out of the ordinary, just good conversation, good food and good times. We hit the lot pregame and halftime (Cats put up 77 on the Tornadoes so we hit the path west to Jackson early). On the way back he looked over and said "so that happens every home game" I told him yeah, he said "I wish we had something like that here, cause that really makes the game."
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 11:00 pm

The night I took the picture that is now Mecum's garage's avatar was also a pretty special day/night as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 9:58 am

Nothing like driving past the lot early saturday morning and seeing a dozen cars still scattered throughout the lot. There were alot of vehicles that spent the night there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 YEARS " THE LOT "   25 YEARS " THE LOT " Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

25 YEARS " THE LOT "
Page 1 of 1