Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boise State vs Va Tech

Go down 
+2
Mean Machine
The Champ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Champ

Boise State vs Va Tech Empty
PostSubject: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:02 pm

Getting ready to kick off. I think Kellen Moore is going to have a huge game and Ryan WIlliams in gonna be bottled up. Lets Go Broncos
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:03 pm

check out those hokie jersey's those things are awesome
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/6/2010, 9:14 pm

under thrown ball from tyrod taylor possibly cost va tech 6 points on the first play of the game and then he comes back and fumbles. Boise offense doesn't move much and kicks a field goal to go up 3-0.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 12:49 am

Boise does it again and I think it's great. Virginia Tech always chokes when they play someone with a pulse. All you Boise haters better hope Oregon St. can beat em or they will be in the title game. Fear the smurf turf!!!
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 8:05 am

Boise has a tough game against Oregon St. but atleast its on the smurf turf. I wouldn't crown them undefeated just yet they still have two tough games against Fresno State and Nevada back to back late in the season. Those teams can beat ya.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 1:09 pm

Well done Boise State! I thought for sure VT would wear them down, and they almost did. Great group of WR's. One of the top 2 0r 3 teams I saw all weekend.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 1:51 pm

Easy to throw all your eggs in one basket when you only have one big game on your schedule all year. They are a good team but have a huge advantage over everyone else when it comes to scheduling.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 2:35 pm

I agree with that, I'ts not that I am on the Boise St. wagon, I am just very much anti Va. Tech. Plus, I want one of these mid majors to make the title game eventually so they can either get blown out or pull it off. That's the only way we are ever gonna find out if they belong in the discussion.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 4:00 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
Easy to throw all your eggs in one basket when you only have one big game on your schedule all year. They are a good team but have a huge advantage over everyone else when it comes to scheduling.

I dont agree with this one bit. Kinda get sick of hearing it too. Just because Boise has one game that we consider tough doesn't mean the kids come out and play better than they normally would. Besides Boise has Va Tech and Oregon State on their schedule this year. Those are top 25 teams. They also play Fresno and Nevada which we might say are bad teams but Boise isn't playing with the five star recruits that Ohio State, Va Tech, Michigan, Oklahoma, Florida and those types of teams are. Boise wins these games because they are a good team, they have great coach, probably one of the best in the country if not THE best. Heck marshall and ohio dont play good teams but we dont see them coming in an beating Ohio State do we, they could just as easily throw all their eggs into this game but they dont and thats because they aren't good teams. Boise is a good team and I hope like hell they go undefeated and get into the national title game just so we can see what they can do. If I had it my way they would beat the buckeyes for the title.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 4:51 pm

You know the system is screwed up when the media says all boise has to do is win on sep 6th and they will be favored in double digits their next 11 games. Their 2 biggest wins will be va tech ( overrated every year) and oregon st. These 2 teams could have 4-5 losses apiece by seasons end. There is no way you take boise at the end of the year over a 1 loss florida,alabama,texas or oklahoma. Be careful wishing for a boise/ohio st match-up, boise might be suprised when they get punched in the mouth play after play by a big boy football program( just ask oregon)
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 5:37 pm

I have to agree with the Champ on one thing, those VT uniforms were sweet. I was rooting for Boise last night even though it could cost a one loss Ohio State. Boise got the early lead and you could say they caught the breaks or you could say a good team made their own breaks. Either way it seemed that VT was the better team but Boise always found a way. It looks like if they beat Oregon St. and none of the majors go undefeated they will be in.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 5:51 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
You know the system is screwed up when the media says all boise has to do is win on sep 6th and they will be favored in double digits their next 11 games. Their 2 biggest wins will be va tech ( overrated every year) and oregon st. These 2 teams could have 4-5 losses apiece by seasons end. There is no way you take boise at the end of the year over a 1 loss florida,alabama,texas or oklahoma. Be careful wishing for a boise/ohio st match-up, boise might be suprised when they get punched in the mouth play after play by a big boy football program( just ask oregon)

just ask oregon huh, ya mean that same oregon team that Boise punched in the mouth?
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 6:02 pm

The Champ wrote:
Mecum's garage wrote:

just ask oregon huh, ya mean that same oregon team that Boise punched in the mouth?

You got that wrong Champ, I think Blount was the one who punched a Boise guy in the mouth Laughing
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/7/2010, 10:19 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:

I think scheduling is a HUGE disadvantage for Boise, especially now that blow-out wins don't matter. Obviously if OSU and Alabama go undefeated then Boise will be outside looking in. But if OSU and/or Alabama lose and Texas or Nebraska go undefeated, then Boise could be still outside looking in just because of a cupcake schedule.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:17 am

I agree with the scheduling debate. If a team from the Big Ten, SEC, or Big 12 go undefeated they should get in before Boise, but if we only have two undefeated teams and Boise is one of them I think they should give them a shot to play for the national title. They have already proved they can beat the big boys.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 8:56 am

When Bobby Bowden took over at Florida State, he had one single, clear message...We will play anyone, anywhere, any time! And they did. (2 trips to Nebraska, without a home game in return, 2 trips to Ohio State without a return, etc.) And they were successful. Boise State is doing the same thing now...and they are successful. The HUGE difference is that FSU was an independent and Boise State is locked in to a poor conference schedule. Nobody wants to play this team, and with good reason.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime9/8/2010, 9:05 am

nothing to gain by scheduling a Boise state team from a weak conference. If you beat them, well you were supposed to but if you lose, and it looks like ya will, then you lost to an inferior team from an inferior conference. This Boise team isnt like most smaller schools. Alot of times schools can come out and score with the big boys but can't stop em. Boise plays some good defense at the same time as playing good offense. Boise and TCU are different than most smaller schools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boise State vs Va Tech   Boise State vs Va Tech Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boise State vs Va Tech
Page 1 of 1