Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field

Go down 
+2
The Champ
SultanofSmack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Empty
PostSubject: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 10:01 am

Thanks to all the folks that came out and supported this event. Didn't get as many people out as I had hoped but at the end of the day we met our goal. We helped rebuild Rutter Field.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 11:55 am

That is great for rutter field. I think we should put something like this on each year for Glouster Memorial Stadium. We have one of the worst facilities around the area. Heck I remember driving by the stadium after the game and there would still be one light burning on the scoreboard. Havne't been up there after a game for a while so I dont know if thats still the case or not.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 1:15 pm

I told people all week that our press box is just a little bit worse than Athen's. Sad but true. It would take so much money to do something there I don't know where you would even start. Maybe just tear that press box off and come off the back and build a two story press box.
Back to top Go down
DILLIGAF

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 1:32 pm

It would be cool if Trimble would move the scoreboard down towards the park endzone and put in some visitors bleachers and open the side lines back up in front of the stands .Anyone know why they closed off that part of the track ?
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 2:02 pm

I know it would cost alot of money but the field should be moved out of the flood area. Most likely spot would be down at the middle school on the hill. Its flat. I know this would cost a heck of a lot of money. I agree with dilligaf too.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 2:03 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
I told people all week that our press box is just a little bit worse than Athen's. Sad but true. .
That's what I said in my football picks on the radio and I got edited.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 10:58 am

ROCK wrote:
SultanofSmack wrote:
I told people all week that our press box is just a little bit worse than Athen's. Sad but true. .
That's what I said in my football picks on the radio and I got edited.

You get edited cause the Big Donkey doesn't like you.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 1:17 pm

just sad not many athens faithful didnt show up you put this on 4 them think there would be people every where from athens imo kinda was a slap n the face really liked what you did for the wilder family but it was a good time i think next year it will be bigger
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 2:20 pm

Monster, Didn't end up giving the jersey to that family, I know thats kind of rough after what I said, but I ask the crowd and it seemed to me everyone was in favor of what we did there.

I made a boo-boo I didn't catch on that Jim Harris was wanting all the jersey's to frame and hang in Wendy's. He had spent enough money that I thought it only fair that he get that one too so he threw in an extra hundred.

I'll contact Coach Green see if we can fix it.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:04 pm

i didnt no u were tryin to give the jersey to him just thought you were puting the money in the sultan cup either way still was a great move by geting some money for the family.As far as the harris family they spent some serious coin that day and hats off to them. Very fun event and it honored a great person
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 4:34 pm

I'm with ya on wishing more people would have shown up. Nice day people are busy, what can u say? The end result was good we sent them home with some good coin and got an annual event established. Hopefully they can get a super nice facility out of this. Someone will have to step up with a lot more coin than we gave them to make that happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field   Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broc Irwin Cruise In raises $3500 for Rutter Field
Page 1 of 1