Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dyla to 5,000?

Go down 
+8
DILLIGAF
spenceman
NYFan54
SultanofSmack
The Champ
Mean Machine
BROAD STREET
Warpig
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Champ

Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 10:18 am

spenceman wrote:
I dont think so...i think last time they played was 2005

what's this referring to?
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 12:07 pm

spenceman wrote:
I dont think so...i think last time they played was 2005

Actually, Alex had only won 2 times in the last 10 years of the series. They did win last year, but lost he year before. This year they played Eastern and Frontier, which are both D6 so it is obvious they are not moving away from playing the smaller schools. I think they have put a schedule together that ensures they will win games.
Back to top Go down
spenceman

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 9:07 pm

we was talkin about alex and miller when they last played...the last time alex played miller was in 2005 if i checked the schedule right
Back to top Go down
Koondogger

Koondogger

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 11:33 am

The Champ wrote:
basement nation wrote:
I don't think personal milestones are really what is on the coaches mind during a game. Its not like he was close to anything. He needed over 500 yards in 2 games for crying out loud. I could see if he was within a hundred yards on something to maybe try and let him get it.

Ya never know about this coach. I am 99% sure he wasted a whole season trying to get a player a school record. I know sultan is gonna come on here and tell me how stupid i am but he is just trying to be politcally correct. Its time for a change in the tomcat dome.

I think you may be right. Practicing in shorts all the time and never teaching any fundamentals seems to be catching up with the CATS. I, for one, wouldn't want to join the Ohio division because I no longer believe our program is up to the task. It is hard for me to say that because I love Trimble but the coaching hasn't been the same since I left the program. We had the players ready when they moved up. NOw, not so much.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 5:00 pm

My mistake, they didn't play Miller.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 7:36 pm

Koondogger wrote:
The Champ wrote:
basement nation wrote:
I don't think personal milestones are really what is on the coaches mind during a game. Its not like he was close to anything. He needed over 500 yards in 2 games for crying out loud. I could see if he was within a hundred yards on something to maybe try and let him get it.

Ya never know about this coach. I am 99% sure he wasted a whole season trying to get a player a school record. I know sultan is gonna come on here and tell me how stupid i am but he is just trying to be politcally correct. Its time for a change in the tomcat dome.

I think you may be right. Practicing in shorts all the time and never teaching any fundamentals seems to be catching up with the CATS. I, for one, wouldn't want to join the Ohio division because I no longer believe our program is up to the task. It is hard for me to say that because I love Trimble but the coaching hasn't been the same since I left the program. We had the players ready when they moved up. NOw, not so much.
I agree with you. You can't practice in helmets and shorts and be able to block and tackle. And individual drills are a must. It is hard to get better when all you see (competition wise) is the second string offense/defense. Phill has won a lot more ball games than I have but, you can't get away from those individual drills.
Back to top Go down
Fat Phil

Fat Phil

PostSubject: No Problems...   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 9:54 pm

...exist in our football program. We teach the best current techniques to our kids. We use schemes designed to win. We are a perennial Hocking Division power. That league is OURS! We practice the way we do to preserve bodies and guarantee success in the psotseason. Why cant you guys see this program for waht it is? We have the best blocking / blitz pickup scheme in SE ohio, we defend like psychos and we dominate in the kicking game. Leave well enough alone for pete sake.
Back to top Go down
spenceman

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/28/2010, 10:42 am

basement nation wrote:
My mistake, they didn't play Miller.
its cool i didnt know that aswell i looked it up on http://www.joeeitel.com just went back in the years
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 10:42 am

Fat Phil wrote:
...exist in our football program. We teach the best current techniques to our kids. We use schemes designed to win. We are a perennial Hocking Division power. That league is OURS! We practice the way we do to preserve bodies and guarantee success in the psotseason. Why cant you guys see this program for waht it is? We have the best blocking / blitz pickup scheme in SE ohio, we defend like psychos and we dominate in the kicking game. Leave well enough alone for pete sake.

In case you haven't watched much H.S. football this year, the only thing we have close to a kicking game is a goal post on our practice field. Also (if you haven't noticed) this year the TVC hockinng is not OURS. It will belong to Wahama.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/29/2010, 10:55 am

ROCK wrote:
Fat Phil wrote:

In case you haven't watched much H.S. football this year, the only thing we have close to a kicking game is a goal post on our practice field. Also (if you haven't noticed) this year the TVC hockinng is not OURS. It will belong to Wahama.

I thought the goal post on the practice field was for practice tearing it down after we beat Wahama down there next year. You mean that thing is to practice kicking? Who knew? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 11:04 am

Unofficially I have Dyla needing 174 yards against Shadyside to get to 5,000
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyla to 5,000?   Dyla to 5,000? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dyla to 5,000?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sultan of Smack :: Your first category :: Click here to enter forum-
Jump to: