Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trimble at SlimShadyside

Go down 
+8
Attack
whompascat
The Analyst
THE BIG DONKEY
Hoosier Daddy
blue monster
Mean Machine
SultanofSmack
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Trimble at SlimShadyside Empty
PostSubject: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime10/30/2010, 1:27 pm

The Cats have a tough draw but you know the old saying, you can't win in week 11 unless you are playing. Shadyside is a great team and would be heavily favored in Vegas. However, if the Cats come out and play their best game of the year I think they have a shot at pullin the upset.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 2:57 pm

After watching film of Shadytown, I think the Cats have a shot if they minimize mistakes. It will take a complete effort from everyone but they are beatable. They better not look past us.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 3:54 pm

I think I'm going to get a hotel and just make a trip of it. I'd say the offense Shadyside runs I think Dyla needs to play defense and play it hard all night. We need more kids playing like Cyrus Jones, Sonny Cain and J.D. Chesser.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 3:58 pm

Before anyone says anything I didn't mean that as a knock on anyone, just a compliment to those 3 who have stood out to me everytime I have watched the Cats. They play with passion and show up every play.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 5:11 pm

that close 2 wheeling you have 2 make it a trip when the game is over you can go hit the craps table
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 5:49 pm

All the food and tailgating Sultan talks about I would say he hits the craps table often.
Back to top Go down
Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 9:36 pm

Football, craps and a buffet sounds like a perfect Friday night. Too bad I'll be about 100 miles away. I'll be pulling for the cats from Heath. Good luck Tomcats!
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/1/2010, 7:39 pm

Not many people taking the Cats in the eliminator challenge. I gotta be honest, I probably won't either but I'll darn sure make the drive and support the Cats with all I got and hope I get that game wrong.
Back to top Go down
THE BIG DONKEY
Admin
THE BIG DONKEY

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/1/2010, 9:06 pm

OH YOU WILL MR> BUCKEYE AKA SULTAN OF SMACK
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 7:37 pm

Just goes to show you how differently people perceive things. Had a guy from Nelsonville get on me last week for not liking them.
Back to top Go down
The Analyst

The Analyst

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 9:45 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Just goes to show you how differently people perceive things. Had a guy from Nelsonville get on me last week for not liking them.

AHH, the price of fame. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 10:18 pm

I got a Sultan of Smack autograph on a panini's napkin a couple years ago at the state finals. It also diagrams what the Sultan believes to be the most effective way to run the stretch play. Wonder what it would pull on ebay?
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 7:48 am

If there is any of that Panini's garlic sauce left on that napkin it would be worth more than the autograph. I had to sit last year out but I'm rearin to go this year. You guys going up?
Back to top Go down
whompascat

whompascat

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 9:53 am

i think i might go up
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 11:37 am

I used to go to the finals every year. If they bring the games back to Columbus I will probably start going again. Until then, it all depends on the weather.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 1:17 pm

The games are scheduled to be back in Columbus either next year or the year after.

If anyone wants to go let me know, I have a room all to my lonesome right now across the street from Panini's. Leaving on Thursday night and coming home Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
whompascat

whompascat

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 3:55 pm

I think it is a big mistake taking the games out of stark co. the price for parking and refreshments will triple
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 4:38 pm

Good luck to all willing to share a room with that LOSER!
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 9:05 am

whompascat wrote:
I think it is a big mistake taking the games out of stark co. the price for parking and refreshments will triple

I don't buy my refreshments at the stadium, and I will save more in gas money than the projected increase in parking cost. Therefore, I will be better off, plus no 3-4 hour drive back home on a Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 10:48 pm

I don't know what it was but it seemed to me that during Coach Faire's radio interview he really had confidence that the Cats can win this game. It makes me feel good about our chances. GO CATS!!
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 1:11 am

Had to work late and couldn't listen to the show. Was pretty dissapointed in that. Will it re-air on ESPN classic anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 7:28 am

basement nation wrote:
Had to work late and couldn't listen to the show. Was pretty dissapointed in that. Will it re-air on ESPN classic anytime soon?

I'll be on right after Rusty and Rock in the Morning.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 4:14 pm

Good luck tonight to all area teams. Play hard and represent Athens Co. well and hopefully get us some wins.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/6/2010, 1:00 am

I have to say that the final score might have been disappointing but I was proud to be a Tomcat tonight. Opening drive we owned them and powered the ball right down the field for a touchdown. Unfortunately by the time we really got the ball back we were down 15-6. The o line once again played great and we made a nice drive but no points. The bottom line is we made to many mistakes against a good football team. I can live with mistakes when I think the effort is there and even though we lost I thought we had Tomcat effort. Thought #5 played a whale of a game. Congrats to the players and staff, a season to be proud of.
Back to top Go down
Koondogger

Koondogger

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 11:11 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
I have to say that the final score might have been disappointing but I was proud to be a Tomcat tonight. Opening drive we owned them and powered the ball right down the field for a touchdown. Unfortunately by the time we really got the ball back we were down 15-6. The o line once again played great and we made a nice drive but no points. The bottom line is we made to many mistakes against a good football team. I can live with mistakes when I think the effort is there and even though we lost I thought we had Tomcat effort. Thought #5 played a whale of a game. Congrats to the players and staff, a season to be proud of.

Yeah! A seconc place finish in the SVAC and a first round exit in the playoffs....wooooooooo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trimble at SlimShadyside   Trimble at SlimShadyside Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trimble at SlimShadyside
Page 1 of 1