Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nelsonville-York at Minford

Go down 
+4
Hoosier Daddy
Mean Machine
The Analyst
SultanofSmack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Nelsonville-York at Minford Empty
PostSubject: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/30/2010, 1:28 pm

Was hopin the Bucks would host but they have to go on the road. I like their chances of winning this game and setting up a battle with Oak Hill in week 2.
Back to top Go down
The Analyst

The Analyst

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 9:52 am

This is one of the match ups in region 19 I have been wanting to see for awhile. These teams split a home and home series a few years back, should be a good one. And it gives me a reason to hit the Ponderosa buffet in Jackson. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 10:01 am

I'll be working over that Ponderosa buffet myself.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 12:05 pm

Just got off the phone with one of my covert spies down south. The scouting report on Minford is they love to run the buck sweep with many variations. They have 3 of the 4 boys who made the state track meet in the 4 X 100 last year. This concerns me because Sharp and Dixon gave the Bucks a lot of trouble with their speed. Minford will pull both guards or 1 guard with their sweep and like to spread it out among wingback, tailback and qb keeper. They also have a big fullback they like to bust up the middle when they catch you cheatin on the sweep. The scouting report says if ya shut down the buck sweep they are uncomfortable doing anything else. I have also heard that the field is in terrible condition.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 2:59 pm

The Bucks are gonna win this one.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 8:28 pm

I think a lot of people on the pick em will take Minford I'll be glad to pick up a game on most people with this game.
Back to top Go down
Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 9:29 pm

Good luck Buckeyes! Spartan Land is behind you and we know you'll make the county proud.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 11:35 pm

Seems like the sultan has a recording device in his cell phone.

On D the Buckeyes must defeat the sweep, force the Falcons to pass, and avoid at all cost missing a tackle that turns a two yard gain into a gamebreaker.

On O the key is balance, they can stack the box and shut down the run, they can match-up and cover the pass, the key is to keeping guessing, and not let them concentrate on one aspect of the game.

Special teams, don't kick to their speedsters, ask Wellston.

Bucks can win, and I really see this as a true 4 v 5 match-up, list the home team as a one point favorite for being at home, but in reality it's a pick 'em
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/1/2010, 10:17 am

Had the occasion to see the Minford v. Valley game up close. Really close. The Bucks have to wrap up and tackle well. Many times I almost hit the whistle thinking a Minford back was down after some great hits by Valley players, only to see the Minford backs somehow break tackles on the way to long gains. They run hard, and they are fast.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/1/2010, 7:28 pm

Looks like the people who have their picks in are overwhelmingly taking Minford. Minford is a scary team but I really think the Bucks can win this game.
Back to top Go down
shrimper

shrimper

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/1/2010, 10:13 pm

Minford rolls with ease in this one boys! Sorry buckeye fans. The truth hurts
Back to top Go down
The Analyst

The Analyst

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 9:34 pm

Stupid is as Stupid does Sir. I don't think anyone wins this one with ease. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shrimper

shrimper

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 10:11 pm

I will be on here after the game saying I told you so! Minford BIG!
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 10:22 pm

I am starting to smell what the shrimper is cooking. I believe I am gonna take Minford in this one as well. I keep changing my mind though, so I am not making my picks till late thurday night.
Back to top Go down
shrimper

shrimper

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 4:52 pm

Don't overthink it basement. This is a no brainer. Minford 40-12
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 4:16 pm

Good Luck Buckeyes hopefully u can prove shrimper wrong
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime11/6/2010, 11:38 am

Game night and all TVC hopes now rest with the Bucks. Shut down the buck sweep and bring home a w.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nelsonville-York at Minford   Nelsonville-York at Minford Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nelsonville-York at Minford
Page 1 of 1