Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Big 10 how bout em

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Big 10 how bout em Empty
PostSubject: Big 10 how bout em   Big 10 how bout em Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 8:40 pm

The record never looks good in bowl games. I still say that is because they get so many top match ups that are hard to win. They get matched with the SEC many times each year. Look at the ACC Champ, they got West Virginia in the bowl game. The team that played in PAC 12 championship game got an Illinois team on a 6 game losing streak.

All that said, it looked like Penn St. and Ohio St. should be moved to the MAC. Thank goodness Sparty played with a lot of heart and pride. At halftime the Rose Bowl has been an absolute spectacle to watch. At one point Oregon had 4 minutes time of possession, had run 13 plays and scored 21 points.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

Big 10 how bout em Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 10 how bout em   Big 10 how bout em Icon_minitime1/2/2012, 9:40 pm

The Big 10 and its fans thinks it belongs in the same breath as the SEC and year after year the SEC wins the bowl matchups and titles upon titles.

The SEC and Big 10 are mostly the better conferences each year and no one wants to see OSU or Mich St play the 4th place team in the WAC or Big East. They want to see the top teams in those conference go head to head. Its aslo about the travel and money. The Big Ten travels well and most of the bowl games take place in the south.

Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Big 10 how bout em Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 10 how bout em   Big 10 how bout em Icon_minitime1/3/2012, 5:55 pm

I'm not trying to say I think the Big 10 deserves the recognition of the SEC. The bowl games each year pretty much settles that argument.

I'm just trying to point out that each year the Big 10 gets bashed for the bowl record when a big proportion of their match ups are real tough ones. The Big 12, ACC would fare no better with those match ups yet they end up with better bowl records each year because of the competition.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

Big 10 how bout em Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 10 how bout em   Big 10 how bout em Icon_minitime1/3/2012, 8:08 pm

I see what your saying. I agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big 10 how bout em Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big 10 how bout em   Big 10 how bout em Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big 10 how bout em
Page 1 of 1