Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Athens Bulldogs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Athens Bulldogs   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 7:55 pm

Jake, sorry I can't be there Thursday but we can't all be full time radio studs like you. My real job that pays the bills here at the mansion requires that I be in Columbus. Here are a few things you can use for the Thursday show.

Sam Smathers (he prefers to be called A-Train) will be there. Should be a pretty easy interview because him and Troy can talk Athens football for about 10 hours straight without taking a breathe. You can see the Athens field very well from Sam's front porch and he also hosts a big and great tailgate each Bulldog home game. He was the youth coach for many years and had an undefeated team or two. One of the classes that are currently in high school had an undefeated season with Sam (can't remember which one for sure.) The current freshmen was his last team as the youth league coach. Given that he coached all the players in youth league (notable exception being Burrow) he knows the players very well. He can also speak about all the players the Dawgs shuffle in especially on defense. Just don't let him plug Heath Bullock for lineman of the week Laughing

You might also mention that I took 5 bucks off of him in golf league this year cheers

Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens Bulldogs   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime12/14/2012, 8:58 pm

Never thought you could take money from anyone in golf
Back to top Go down
studfinders

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Footage of NY Player down 11/1 Game @ Athens   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime11/5/2013, 6:11 pm

Does anyone have footage of the play that injured the NY player #88...was it Brandon Creed or Brandon Crates?

So many of us were looking elsewhere during that play, we'd like to see if there was anything remarkable in the play that could be seen.

We wish the best for the young man, but we haven't heard any updates on his condition yet....
Back to top Go down
Atrainstaff

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens Bulldogs   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime11/6/2013, 11:48 am

Watching that play in channel 15 it looked to me like when he made the tackle on the play before witch was a hit!!! he then stumbled a little even grabed his facemask and then he went in to make the play again the next play and that's when he didn't get back up.. I have only heard positive things about the young mans condition!! I don't know the facts but wish him a safe and speedy recovery
Back to top Go down
Atrainstaff

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens Bulldogs   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime11/6/2013, 11:53 am

Btw rusty, Sam smathers coached youth football for 15 years or more he coached the junior class from 3rd grade to 6th grade and when I say junior class I mean all of them minus Williams of course! He will talk your ear off about athens football if your not carful but being from bulldog country I don't mind!! Roll Train!
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens Bulldogs   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime11/6/2013, 2:40 pm

This post was from last year when Jake was going to have Sam on and I don't mind him talking my ear off as long as he feeds me chili and wings. Roll Train
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens Bulldogs   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime10/23/2014, 3:57 pm

Could make a run this year deeper than last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Athens Bulldogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Athens Bulldogs   Athens Bulldogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Athens Bulldogs
Page 1 of 1