Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!

Go down 
+3
ROCK
spenceman
Mean Machine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Empty
PostSubject: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 12:59 am

Urban Meyer has resigned from the Gator Coaching job and the Sugar Bowl will be his last game. What's everyone's take on this? I'm not a Gator fan so I haven't heard any rumblings if there were any, but this took me by complete surprise. He cited health issues as the reason for stepping down. Is there more to it? Who will be his predecessor? What ya got for us Fuzz. Give us the inside scoop. Brian Kelly should have waited a few weeks instead of going to Notre Lame.
Back to top Go down
spenceman

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 10:41 am

I think its good but bad for college football he a great coach his health is more important then coaching tho
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 10:55 am

I bet Meyer already has a deal drawn up with a team who has a coach with a year or so left on his contract. Meyer gets out of his contract with a leave for "health reasons" and sets idle probably getting paid by the new team, then they give the old coach the ax and Meyer is in. Meyer has always said ND was his dream job, maybe he takes a year off to give Kelly a year to fail and his is in. Or maybe Holmgren called and Meyer said hell yeah I wanna go back home to Ohio.

Last edited by Rock on 12/28/2009, 12:08 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
spenceman

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 9:09 pm

now he not resigning he taking a leave of absents
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 9:38 pm

Gator Nation Lives On!
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 10:52 pm

Yawn!!!!

Last edited by Mecum's garage on 12/29/2009, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 11:36 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
Yawn!!!! Does anyone really care about Meyer or his secret lover Tebow.
You can't talk about that on here. I had to edit my post 4 times.\
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 11:40 pm

Rock wrote:
Mecum's garage wrote:
Yawn!!!! Does anyone really care about Meyer or his secret lover Tebow.
You can't talk about that on here. I had to edit my post 4 times.\

That kind of talk stays at the Eagles.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/29/2009, 10:19 pm

There is always someone trying to knock you down when your at the top. Most of the time its an Ohio St fan. Razz
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime12/30/2009, 5:50 pm

As the gators say
Hey we don't get to be in the national championship game this year so lets go out and steal all the publicity from the schools that deserve it.

Go Bearcats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!   Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban Meyer hanging up the whistle after Sugar Bowl!
Page 1 of 1