Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Urban Crier quits again!

Go down 
+3
Attack
ROCK
whompascat
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
whompascat

whompascat

Urban Crier quits again! Empty
PostSubject: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 4:54 pm

"Meyer to step down at florida"
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 5:04 pm

The next headline will read "Meyer goes to Denver" and will solidify everything I have ever said about Tebow and Meyer. I would elaborate but I am not alowed to talk about ones sexuality on this site. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 5:10 pm

This is probably just his latest Bret Favre impression. But if he does go to Denver will Endzone simultaniously become a Denver and Alabama fan? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 5:20 pm

Just like Farve...... Cant stand not being in the spotlight so now we will have to listen to this crap during the whole bowl season and then he will end up making a dramatic return to Florida....YAWN
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 6:23 pm

Attack wrote:
This is probably just his latest Bret Favre impression. But if he does go to Denver will Endzone simultaniously become a Denver and Alabama fan? Very Happy

Not a chance! Razz

I have been reading things on their site and some people have been saying for the last few months that some small rumors where going around that he would step down at the end of the season so I'm not really that surprised. It does suck to lose a great coach just like when OSU lost Cooper! LOL. Attack did say that he thought the Florida job for Meyer had run it's course. That guy is always right somehow!

I will say that if he wants to retire or step down then do it and don't come back. They need to get a coach that will stay. It's a good job to have and I hopoe they can get a big name like a Gruden, Chip Kelly, or Mullen but who knows. I'm sure their will be rumor after rumor until it happens which will prolly be after the bowl game because Meyer is going to coach the game.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 6:57 pm

Just read that Meyer said his health was't getting any better and that he nothing left in the coaching tank. He will help with the coaching search and he and the AD will bring a "top notch" coach so we will see who they hire

list of top canidates from what I've read

1. Stoops
2. Peterson- Boise St
3. Gruden
4. Mullen
5. Harbaugh
6. Charlie Strong- DC for Gators on both title teams
7. Bobby Petrino
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:28 pm

endzone wrote:
Just read that Meyer said his health was't getting any better and that he nothing left in the coaching tank. He will help with the coaching search and he and the AD will bring a "top notch" coach so we will see who they hire

list of top canidates from what I've read

1. Stoops
2. Peterson- Boise St
3. Gruden
4. Mullen
5. Harbaugh
6. Charlie Strong- DC for Gators on both title teams
7. Bobby Petrino

This is the list that I've heard....

4. Barry Switzer (if he can make it through TSA to get to the interview)
3. Joe Paterno (tired of Penn State but still wants to coach)
2. Macho Man Randy Savage (Oooohhh yeah)
1. The Sultan (Florida wants to see if the fantasy legend can transition to NCAAF)

Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:31 pm

I'd take Paterno. He is 82 years old and has more intensity than Meyer had this year. LOL
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:41 pm

I have just spoke with the Florida AD as well as the President of the University via conference call. I gave them a glowing endorsement for Rich Rodriquez and for the likely transfer of Denard. If these guys can put up 7 points on the greatest squad to ever put on cleats, what would he do in that lowly SEC. This guys a genius, took a first year starter and beat Terell Pryor out for Big Ten Player of the year. I even offered to pay for the plane ticket to Gainsville.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 9:45 am

Right now Florida is the best job in the country. The weather makes it attractive, they are surrounded by some of the best high school football players in the country, and they are guaranteed a spot in the BCS game every year if they win the SEC. Really, they don't even have to win the SEC if the team that wins it is not Alabama, Auburn or LSU. I am sure they will have a chance to get a great coach.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 12:26 pm

Gruden
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 1:18 pm

I think Dan Mullen will return to Florida, if not look for Bob Stoops to leave Oklahoma for the Gators.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 1:34 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
I think Dan Mullen will return to Florida, if not look for Bob Stoops to leave Oklahoma for the Gators.

You been listening to Cowherd this morning huh?
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 1:41 pm

No. I usually do but this week i been listening to Glenn Beck & Rush Limbaugh.....dont ask!
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 1:56 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
No. I usually do but this week i been listening to Glenn Beck & Rush Limbaugh.....dont ask!

Well according to Cowherd it is going to be a current major college coach, and everyone will be shocked, so maybe basement will get his wish and it will be Rick Rod? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 2:00 pm

I hope rich rod dont leave Michigan. Its been alotta fun kicking their a#$ every year.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 5:22 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
What does Rush think of Cam Newton, Dernard Robinson and Terrell Pryor ? We know what he thinks of McNabb. Since you have been listening.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 5:50 pm

My picks in order

1. Stoops
2. Kelly
3. Mullen
4. Gruden
5. Peterson

just read the gator insider that knows mostly everything that goes on down there that this is who is hearing about the coaching search. AD says this we be done in 2-2/12 weeks

1. Stoops- figures he says no in a hurry
2. Gruden- says maybe cause florida is a better job then miami
3. Petrino- can coach and recruit
4. Mullen/Strong- would no doubt take the job
5. Peterson- someone heard he had an interview while in orlando for the college awards

if Cowherd is right and that we will be shocked and that it will be a current college coach then I would say Stoops or Peterson. I guess a shocker could be rich rod, kelly, or even spurrier I guess
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 11:23 pm

Spurrier would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 12:44 pm

Bo Pelini to Miami
Back to top Go down
whompascat

whompascat

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 7:28 pm

Attack wrote:
Bo Pelini to Miami
that is the next coach at ohio state
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 11:18 pm

Big Game Jim ain't goin anywhere for a while.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/11/2010, 10:17 pm

[img]Urban Crier quits again! Um_gro10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 5:33 pm

Maybe Meyer is just taking a break and waiting for Tressel to retire and then Meyer ( ohio boy ) takes the Ohio St. job.....u never know
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 10:11 am

Mecum's garage wrote:
Maybe Meyer is just taking a break and waiting for Tressel to retire and then Meyer ( ohio boy ) takes the Ohio St. job.....u never know
I would rather have Trev Alberts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban Crier quits again!   Urban Crier quits again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban Crier quits again!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next