Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mike robacks boy

Go down 
+4
SultanofSmack
Warpig
ROCK
phinphan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
phinphan

phinphan

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/27/2010, 11:03 pm

I just heard from my cousin who coaches at waverly that dereck was offered a full ride at Notre dame. Not bad for having some rutter blood. He has other offers too.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/27/2010, 11:11 pm

Well Cincinnati did give him an offer, now that Kelly is in ND he went after him there. I belive he gave Toledo a verbal.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/27/2010, 11:26 pm

Over the past three years he was the real deal. He destroyed the Ironmen as a Sophomore, and we were really glad that he didn't have much of a supporting cast his Jr. and Sr. year.

A little side note, while still at Cincinnati, Coach Hinton stopped by JHS and asked for our copy of the Waverly game. He said that they were sure of Derek but wanted one more film. Our head coach had a chance to talk to him and he said, before it all went down, that Kelly was going to Notre Dame and taking him along, and that Kelly would still pursue Roback for the Irish
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
phinphan

phinphan

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/28/2010, 12:35 am

He did give verbal to Toledo
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/28/2010, 10:03 am

This is really a wonderful thing. Very happy for the Roback family. All I know is its a good thing he got Uncle Donnie's athletic genes.

I think this goes to show the importance of going to camps to get noticed. I had the opportunity to watch Derek twice the last two years and Waverly was so bad you really had to pay attention to see his greatness. A casual fan would have probably thought Patrick Angle from Logan was just as good. Now their senior years are over and Derek gets a call from Notre Dame and Patrick is getting no offers. I can't believe someone didn't give Patrick an offer just because of his sheer athletcism and classroom work.

Derek really is the total package. He has decent size and is fast. Dave Boston Jr. told me Jay Edwards is the fastest kid they ever had at Nelsonville-York. Derek beat him in the 100 when Derek was a freshman and Jay was a senior. He also has good arm strength. He can really put the ball in a tight window. But like I said, Waverly has been so bad the last two years it was hard for him to shine. The camps paid off.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/28/2010, 12:44 pm

National signing day is next Wednesday feb 3rd that's when it all becomes official. Congrats to the Roback family and the staff @ Waverly this is something they should all be very proud of.
Back to top Go down
phinphan

phinphan

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/28/2010, 1:32 pm

I bet Uncle Ed is looking down proud.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/28/2010, 7:09 pm

I seen of scouts.com or rivals maybe, that he is taking a trip to visit ND this Friday...tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
spenceman

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime1/29/2010, 11:10 am

thats great hope it goes well and wish him the best of luck whatever plat he takes....here his profile on rivals.com http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Roback-66285
Back to top Go down
phinphan

phinphan

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 9:20 pm

It might say that he is from Waverly in Notre Dame's press guide but Rutter's all over the Sunday Creek area are proud of this one. Just gives you a great feeling.

I have been a Notre Dame hater for as long as I can remember but now consider myself a true blue fan.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 2:50 am

All the more reason that Notre Dame stadium and Touchdown Jesus is on my must see list. Might move it to top priority now.
Back to top Go down
TT1

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 9:55 am

Congratulations Derek!

I have now converted from Notre Dame hater to fan.
I sense a road trip in the future.

Last edited by TT1 on 2/6/2010, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 8:25 pm

If phinphan would have coached me a little harder in peewee ball I could have made it to a big time school like that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phinphan

phinphan

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 8:50 pm

Rock wrote:
If phinphan would have coached me a little harder in peewee ball I could have made it to a big time school like that. Very Happy

Im not a miracle worker man.....geez afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mike robacks boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: mike robacks boy   mike robacks boy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mike robacks boy
Page 1 of 1