Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!

Go down 
+2
Attack
BROAD STREET
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 2:11 pm

This is your best chance to get that SEC monkey off your back! Arkansas is historically horrible in bowl games.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 3:48 pm

BROAD STREET wrote:
This is your best chance to get that SEC monkey off your back! Arkansas is historically horrible in bowl games.

We may get to see FSU in the SEC in the near future. Unfortunately for OSU that won't help, since they are 0-3 against the Noles. But it will give broad street a heavy dose of he SEC. Of course the positive is FSU will then be able to schedule Jr. College non conference opponents without any scrutiny. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 4:46 pm

If they did go to the SEC, I'm assuming it would be the Eastern division. There's talk of Arkansas going to the big 12, so that would push Vanderbilt over to the Western division...Let's see, they just killed Florida, they will soon kill Sout Carolina in the "Chicken Bowl", Kentucky...Tennessee...Georgia...Hmm, nothing too scary about that. Those crossover games against 'Bama, Auburn and LSU would be more of a challenge.

But we all know that they're not ready for that yet. Give Jimbo a few years to recruit. They currently have the #2 ranked class coming in next year, and with possible de-commits from Miami, it could move up to #1.

The future looks pretty bright, but I think they'll try to re-conquer the ACC first.

As far as scheduling, I couldn't tell if you were ripping on the 'Noles or not. Florida State has been guilty of taking on a weakling here and there, but for the most part, the schedule is usually pretty good. This year's non-conference slate included BYU, klahoma and Florida. In years to come, there are home and home's scheduled with Oklahoma, West Virginia, Nevada, USC, and possibly Michigan. (As well as Murray State, Charleston Southern, and Louisiana Monroe.) Plus they play Florida every year. In the end, proboably a better schedule than most...not as good as some.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 6:16 pm

FSU killed Florida this year but no talk of the last 5 years they took a pounding by Tebow and company. Laughing

Fisher does have FSU on the up and would be a good addition to the SEC.

Would make the last game of the year between UF and FSU very interesting with the east crown on the line.

Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 6:20 pm

If a team cant win the ACC at least 1/2 of the time, they have absolutely no business in the SEC.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 8:38 pm

hey attack,

scheduling those jr college teams for non conference opponents must be a recipe for excellence because come january 11th I will be able to say the SEC has won the last 5 national championships!!!! I can't wait for the day when an SEC team plays a tough schedule like OSU does, I am sure the buckeyes are proud to have went 11-1 while only beating one team that lost less than 5 games.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 9:29 pm

Attack did say he swears that the BCS has a spot reserved for the SEC in the title game. He was right!

5 straight for the SEC. Hands down the best conference and no one is CLOSE to 2nd.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 9:39 pm

I've tried and tried but you can't come up with an intelligent argument against the SEC. Heck, some of the time I don't even need an intelligent argument but you just can't argue with their conference. Hope we can get a win against them this year GO BUCKS.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 8:37 am

http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/24316/BCS-computer-glitch-Say-it-aint-so

check out this link. Its time we ditch the BCS and go to a playoff.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 9:46 am

Yeah, it seems that the Gators had our number there for a few years, but as long as we're living in the past, let's talk about the 20 or so years prior to that when Bobby Bowden treated Spurrier like a whipping boy.

Basement, you're right. If you can't win the ACC, you have no business in the SEC...In fact I believe I conceded that before. That's why I said let's get the ship striaght and then think about jumping off it.

Endzone...you'll no doubt come back at me with the all-time FSU-UF record. Neither one of us were alive for about 30 of those games.

I'm not tryng to say the 'Noles are all the way back, but I think I can safely say, look out in the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 10:01 am

SultanofSmack wrote:
I've tried and tried but you can't come up with an intelligent argument against the SEC. Heck, some of the time I don't even need an intelligent argument but you just can't argue with their conference. Hope we can get a win against them this year GO BUCKS.

Here is your argument. How much better could Tressel recruit if he could tell the players, "at least one team from our conference is guarenteed a spot in the BCS championship game every year." That gives the SEC teams an advantage. As far as winning the last four, they are the only conference that has had a team in the last four. I think if you leveled the playing field and put a team from one other conference in each championship, instead of having a popularity contest among ALL the other conferences, maybe they could have won some of them. At least they would have had a chance. That's what the SEC has right now. They have had a team in over half the games, and no other conference has had that. If Florida would have kept it close last year against Alabama talk was they would have gotten a re-match in the BCS championship. This year the NCAA was fumbling around trying to figure a way to ensure an SEC team got in. While LSU had only one loss they were saying if USC beat Auburn in the SEC championship then LSU would get in. After LSU lost the second game they said Auburn would probably get in even if they lost to USC.

Also, seems like the SEC fans around here stick together. Big 10 fans don't do that. Some of the Michigan fans around here act like they played for Michigan the way they hate OSU. I think it is comical to hear those guys argue how bad OSU sucks.

Last edited by Attack on 12/8/2010, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 11:17 am

BROAD STREET wrote:
Yeah, it seems that the Gators had our number there for a few years, but as long as we're living in the past, let's talk about the 20 or so years prior to that when Bobby Bowden treated Spurrier like a whipping boy.

Basement, you're right. If you can't win the ACC, you have no business in the SEC...In fact I believe I conceded that before. That's why I said let's get the ship striaght and then think about jumping off it.

Endzone...you'll no doubt come back at me with the all-time FSU-UF record. Neither one of us were alive for about 30 of those games.

I'm not tryng to say the 'Noles are all the way back, but I think I can safely say, look out in the next few years.

From what I have been told Endzone was an Alabama fan until about 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 6:32 pm

Attack wrote:
BROAD STREET wrote:

From what I have been told Endzone was an Alabama fan until about 5 years ago.

If I wanna like a new team every year I can!

I did jump around to a few teams when I was in high school but I watch Florida play a game on tv in 1995 and loved how Spurrier just threw the ball all over the field and have liked the Gators ever since. I just like his style and how he ran the score up on teams.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/8/2010, 6:38 pm

Attack wrote:
SultanofSmack wrote:

Here is your argument. How much better could Tressel recruit if he could tell the players, "at least one team from our conference is guarenteed a spot in the BCS championship game every year." That gives the SEC teams an advantage. As far as winning the last four, they are the only conference that has had a team in the last four. I think if you leveled the playing field and put a team from one other conference in each championship, instead of having a popularity contest among ALL the other conferences, maybe they could have won some of them. At least they would have had a chance. That's what the SEC has right now. They have had a team in over half the games, and no other conference has had that. If Florida would have kept it close last year against Alabama talk was they would have gotten a re-match in the BCS championship. This year the NCAA was fumbling around trying to figure a way to ensure an SEC team got in. While LSU had only one loss they were saying if USC beat Auburn in the SEC championship then LSU would get in. After LSU lost the second game they said Auburn would probably get in even if they lost to USC.

Also, seems like the SEC fans around here stick together. Big 10 fans don't do that. Some of the Michigan fans around here act like they played for Michigan the way they hate OSU. I think it is comical to hear those guys argue how bad OSU sucks.

I agree that Big 10 fans don't stick together a SEC fans do. The SEC gets a team in it every year cause its the best conference. If Auburn would have got beat then TCU shoukd have been there and not a 1 loss LSU team. They shouldn't have jumped Stanford or Whisky. LSU is not that good. They barely beat the Gators and they suck!
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 10:00 am

Yes it looks like they are the best conference cause they are in the championship game every year and have a chance to win it. But they may not have won it if say the PAC 10 was in it every year against them. USC may have won it if they were in it every year. Pete Carrol was a great one game coach. Maybe we will get a playoff sometime so we can see if the SEC really deserves to be in the championship every year?
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 6:05 pm

attack,

your post are pretty much a bunch of stupid talk. The SEC got teams in the title game half the time because that team is good and so is most of the SEC so the games they win actually mean something. If the pac 10 big 10 big 12 had the caliber of teams in it as the SEC does then maybe they could have gotten in but they dont so they didnt.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 8:25 pm

The day a playoff happens will be the day I quit watching college football every Saturday. I agree that the current system isn't the greatest, but I don't want a full blown playoff either. With a playoff the regular season means nothing. I don't want to see Ohio State resting players against Michigan be cause they are ranked high enough to get in the playoff even with a loss. This isn't the NFL. If you want to make the title game, win your games. The SEC is the media favorite because they win, bottom line. Illinois takes Ohio State to the wire and then loses to Fresno St. who by the way, lost to Boise St. 45-0. As soon as the Big Ten starts competing better nationally maybe they will get some cred with the Media.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 9:05 pm

Take the top 8 BCS teams at put them in a playoff that way the BCS still get used and you get a playoff.

People say that the 9th ranked team will say the should go over the 8th ranked but at the end of the year the top 8 teams are usually the best 8 anyway

I agree with nation on a straight playoff would be bad cause the reasons he gave and the SEC is the better conference by far cause the win!
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/9/2010, 11:53 pm

if a playoff is done it needs to include each conference winner and thats it. Figure out a way to make the bracket with the teams who win their conference. No one else has a bitch cause ya can't be the best team in the country if you aren't the best team in your conference.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime12/10/2010, 9:32 am

The Champ wrote:
if a playoff is done it needs to include each conference winner and thats it. Figure out a way to make the bracket with the teams who win their conference. No one else has a bitch cause ya can't be the best team in the country if you aren't the best team in your conference.

I agree with this. Also, hatred is an unhealthy emotion guys. So you Michigan fans need to somehow learn to let it go when it comes to tOSU. Try this: "Serenity now, serenity now..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!   ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION OHIO STATE FANS!
Page 1 of 1