Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can Favre keep going?

Go down 
+2
ROCK
SultanofSmack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Can Favre keep going? Empty
PostSubject: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime11/29/2009, 2:34 pm

The Vikings are 9-1 and Favre is looking like a genius. Can he stay healthy the whole season at his age? Old guys everywhere are rooting for him. His NFL record streak of consecutive starts now stands at 280. The streak started in 1992. His 485 touchdown passes is 65 more than Dan Marino and 130 more than Peyton Manning. Truly a privilege to get to watch the best of all time.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 9:04 pm

I don't know if this goes against the rules, but I hope Favre gets AIDS.
Back to top Go down
Bishtakes

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 11:35 pm

Matt...you are now officially on "Double Secret Probation. Here's what I see...Minnesota will keepim h long enough to win a Super...yes Superbowl so they can get a new stadium. I see this happening in the next two years. He has a great set of no-name receivers who are getting the job done. Favre is as good this year as he has ever been. I'm so glad to be a Viking fan and now a huge Favre fan. VIKES RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 6:45 pm

I'm with you Bish. I have never been a Vikes fan but I'll be pulling for them as long as #4 is under center. Vikings-Bengals Superbowl!!
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 6:53 pm

Well, I am a little bias being a Bears fan, he does have great recievers Bernard Berrian did great in Chicago, but he also has a great running game. They do need a stadium if you have never been to the Metrodome, it is a dump. And Bish, pay attention, Rusty will pull for anyone who is winning he used to be a Rams fan.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 6:55 pm

Rock, I remember sitting in the Metrodome right beside you. G-O-G-O-P-H-E-R-S Yaaaaaaa!
How long are you going to beat up on me about the Rams? I was never a Rams fan. A big Warner fan which I still am so I will be pulling for the Cards and the Vikings in the NFC. Since we are a Favre family I will be pulling a little harder for the Vikes. My little girl's number in basketball? #4 of course.

Last edited by SultanofSmack on 12/1/2009, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TT1

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 8:36 pm

I think his first game against the Packers this year is the most impressive game I have ever seen from a QB. He was looking guys off, pump faking and firing the ball into tight coverage with more zip on the ball than I have seen from anybody this year. I just hope he can maintain it throughout the season at his age.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 11:38 pm

You'd love to have him in Chicago, Rock. He's 10 times better than toolbag Cutler.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/1/2009, 11:43 pm

Yea that deal is looking real sweet for the Bears. 2 first round picks, a third round pick and a quarterback who has the Broncos at 7-4 and looking at the playoffs. Will Cutler set a record this year for interceptions? Probably not, they will bench him and bring back Jim Miller or the Shane Matthews Band. Oh, or maybe Cade Mcnown or Bob Avelani.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/2/2009, 7:34 am

In Cutlers defense, I am sure it is hard to throw a football with a Riddell on the side of your head every play. My boy Orlando is getting pretty old, not to mention their best reciever is a former DB (Hester), and the because of the poor play by the offensive line the running game is non existant.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/2/2009, 10:06 am

I thought Johnny Knoxville was their best receiver. I think he could have made more money if he would have kept making those stupid movies.
But seriously, did you know that the coach who orchestrated that brilliant move (Josh McDaniel) was the quarterback on Canton McKinley's state championship team that also included Ohio State standouts Michael Doss, Jamar Martin and Kenny Peterson. Having all of them on the same high school team just doesn't seem fair.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/2/2009, 3:47 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
I thought Johnny Knoxville was their best receiver. I think he could have made more money if he would have kept making those stupid movies.
But seriously, did you know that the coach who orchestrated that brilliant move (Josh McDaniel) was the quarterback on Canton McKinley's state championship team that also included Ohio State standouts Michael Doss, Jamar Martin and Kenny Peterson. Having all of them on the same high school team just doesn't seem fair.

Their best reciever is the tight end Greg Olsen. I don't know how much of and asset Josh McDaniel was to that Canton McKinley team since he couldn't even win the starting QB job at John Carroll.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/2/2009, 9:12 pm

And he is still probably better than Cutler.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/2/2009, 9:38 pm

Favre dollar footlong shoud be this years mvp, but they will probably give it to Brees or Manning.
Back to top Go down
PhatHead
Admin
PhatHead

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/4/2009, 10:59 pm

I think it should go to Chris Johnson but I wouldn't mind seeing a 40 year old get it either.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime12/12/2009, 11:50 am

Favre vs. my Bengals this week. Cincy has had a tough run defense this year so if they shut down Adrian Peterson Favre should get plenty of opportunity to air it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Favre keep going?   Can Favre keep going? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Favre keep going?
Page 1 of 1