Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach

Go down 
+4
ROCK
SultanofSmack
BROAD STREET
Mecum's garage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Empty
PostSubject: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 4:02 pm

Hard to believe that the Miami & Florida jobs didnt land any big time names. Wonder if coaches just see it as too much pressure to win or if those jobs just are not as attractive as we think.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 4:42 pm

Apart the pressure to win, Florida is a great job...great facilities...great commitment from the administration...Miami, on the other hand...horrible facilities...indifferent administration...ugly uniforms...crackheads everywhere.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/13/2010, 9:20 pm

I think Al Golden is a quality name. Anyone who can turn Temple around must be pretty darn good. Remember Urban Meyer was a relatively unknown at Bowling Green just a short time ago.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 10:08 am

Mecum's garage wrote:
Hard to believe that the Miami & Florida jobs didnt land any big time names. Wonder if coaches just see it as too much pressure to win or if those jobs just are not as attractive as we think.
Jim Tressel wasn't exactly a "Big Name" when Ohio State hired him.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 1:46 pm

With the SEC now guaranteed a spot in the BCS Championship game every year anyone should be able to win at Florida. Meyer never got over Tebow graduating. Miami, well that is another story. Until they upgrade the facilities, and join BCS darling conference it will be a challenge.
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 6:45 pm

ROCK wrote:
Mecum's garage wrote:

Tressel was a big name for 1AA and prolly wasn't the big fish all the OSU fans were hoping for but he has done a pretty good job for the most part at OSU.

I hope Muschamp can do the same at Florida.
Back to top Go down
whompascat

whompascat

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 7:23 pm

not many osu fans were happy when Tress. was hired.
He does a good job till he plays a good team.
The only good team Tress has beat was Miami and that was a gift from a horrible call.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 8:24 pm

endzone wrote:
ROCK wrote:
Mecum's garage wrote:

Tressel was a big name for 1AA and prolly wasn't the big fish all the OSU fans were hoping for but he has done a pretty good job for the most part at OSU.

Nobody know who Tressel was before OSU interviewed him. He may have been a big name in 1AA but tell me,without GOOGLE, Who was the coach of the 1AA national champions last year?...........Muschamp may not be a big name but that doesn't mean anything. Bill Callahan was a big name when Nebraska hired him, we all seen how that worked out.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 9:25 pm

Lane Kiffin was a big name, that worked out pretty well for Tennesee.
Back to top Go down
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 9:27 pm

I-AA coach was Talley from Villanova, I knew that only because I read "A Season in Purgatory" about how the Wildcats have to fight for everything they have after restarting football in 1985 and being a "basketball" school. I read it right before the I-AA championships last year. Interesting note is that Talley is the only coach Villanova has had since they restarted football

Ask me to name another DI-AA coach and I'm stuck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
Warpig

Warpig

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 9:30 pm

Charlie Weis was a pretty big name, and that worked out well for the Fightin Irish
Back to top Go down
http://www.trimblefootball.com
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/14/2010, 11:28 pm

ROCK wrote:
endzone wrote:
ROCK wrote:
Mecum's garage wrote:

Nobody know who Tressel was before OSU interviewed him. He may have been a big name in 1AA but tell me,without GOOGLE, Who was the coach of the 1AA national champions last year?...........Muschamp may not be a big name but that doesn't mean anything. Bill Callahan was a big name when Nebraska hired him, we all seen how that worked out.

I agree rock. The big name coach doesn't always work out but I think us as fans want to see the big name get hired cause you know who he is and what he has done. I was a little bothered when Florida hired Muschamp but the more I read about the guy the more I like the hire and thinks he will do a good job or at least I hope he does.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime12/15/2010, 11:32 am

I disagree with some of you in that I think Muschamp is a big name coach. He has been talked about for a few years as being the next head coach at Texas. His name is brought up every time a big time school has an HC opening. He will do fine at Florida. I just hope he doesn't quit after every loss they suffer. That sh## gets ole. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach   MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MIAMI fla. Hires Temple coach
Page 1 of 1