Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators! Empty
PostSubject: Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!   Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators! Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 10:30 pm

Defensive: Greg Mattison, D Coordinator the last 2 years for the Baltimore Ravens. 12 seasons as college D coordinator before that. Was D Coordinator and D Line Coach at Michigan from 92-96. (back when we played defense). Also a D Coordinator at Notre Dame and Florida before moving on to Ravens.

Offensive: Al Borges, Former Offensive Coordinator for multiple colleges most notably Auburn Tigers. He was their coordinator when Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, and Jason Campbell were their and they went 13-0. He has been at San Diego St. for Hokes tenure.

I like both hires for as late as we got started. The staff is almost complete, time will tell. i feel like the defense has instantly improved but it couldn't get worse. I think this guy being in kids living rooms talking about Ray Lewis, Suggs, and Ed Reed would get a kids attention for sure. Maybe we can land some good ones on that side of the ball instead of just getting 20 slot, smurfs, tweeners, hybrids, or whatever Rich Rod called all those undersized skat players he brought in the last 3 years.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!   Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators! Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 7:03 pm

sounds like 2 good hires cant wait till kickoff now d cordinator hire makes ya feel better bout the d next year give us a couple years and we will be back strong GOBLUE

Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!   Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators! Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 7:13 pm

I would say if you get anything defensively from Baltimore you have to be happy. Their defense has been on top for over a decade and thats hard to do in the NFL. I don't know about other Buckeye fans but I personally think the rivalry is back on.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!   Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators! Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 7:47 pm

I doubt we got a shot for a couple years, but the rivalry is heading in the right direction at least. We will be more competitive this year though. I like when that saturday means something. We may just get to see it 2 saturday's in a row before long. How awesome would that be?
Back to top Go down
The Analyst

The Analyst

PostSubject: Re: Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!   Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators! Icon_minitime1/21/2011, 7:16 pm

When it comes to the rivalry the most important thing is that Hoke has already been stressing that the game against "THAT SCHOOL FROM OHIO" is not just another game. 'Bout time we got our priorities right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!   Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michigan hires Offensive and Defensive Coordinators!
Page 1 of 1