Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Michigan Bowl Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 8:45 pm

I wanted to include Michigan in the bowl pickem challenge but couldn't find anywhere what bowl they are playing in. Can anyone help me out?
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/13/2009, 10:48 pm

Peppers Bowl
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 1:33 am

I tell ya what, thats a pretty good one. I don't even have anything clever to say about it. I've been on here since day one and have never said a word about the buckeyes, but its on now.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 1:35 am

The bad thing is Michigan has been to 1 bowl game in the past 3 years and still won more than ohio state has.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/14/2009, 12:07 pm

Haven't heard any news from up north. Does RichRod get another year and can he get going in the right direction if he does?
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:21 pm

from what i am hearing he will be back next year, but if there is not a major improvemnt he will then be fired and a major push will be made to bring jim harbaugh home.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:35 pm

Wonder Jim Harbaugh has a "Michigan" clause in that 3 year extension he just signed?
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 8:40 pm

i dont know if he does or not but we all know contracts aren`t worth the paper they are written on.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/15/2009, 10:51 pm

I was actually hoping they would can Rodriguez because I think he is a heck of a coach. They didn't have the personnel in place to fit what he does when he got there. They were at the top of the big ten in offense this year and I think they will light it up next year. The only problem is that "we will just outscore everyone" philosophy doesn't work as well in the big ten. You have to play a little defense. Of course, I hope I'm wrong on this and they go about 3-8 next year beating Notre Dame, Wisconsin and Penn State.
Back to top Go down
TT1

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/16/2009, 9:02 pm

The Toilet Bowl
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 6:06 pm

A good coach dont put his system above the program. It wasn't like he took over at allegheny a+m. He should have easily won 8+ games each of the last 2 seasons while installing his sytem a little at a time, getting his style of players in there. Instead he implodes the whole program, and misses bowl games his first 2 years. I don't like the spread offense unless its on playstation, and I don't care for Rich Rod either. He may coach at Michigan for a long time and be very successful, but I just don't like the way he handled things. Its gonna be hard to take watching Ryan Mallett be a top draft pick next year knowing Rich Rod ran him out of Ann Arbor. Bring back Harbaugh with the power running game and pro style offense.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 7:08 pm

basement nation wrote:
A good coach dont put his system above the program. It wasn't like he took over at allegheny a+m. He should have easily won 8+ games each of the last 2 seasons while installing his sytem a little at a time, getting his style of players in there. Instead he implodes the whole program, and misses bowl games his first 2 years. I don't like the spread offense unless its on playstation, and I don't care for Rich Rod either. He may coach at Michigan for a long time and be very successful, but I just don't like the way he handled things. Its gonna be hard to take watching Ryan Mallett be a top draft pick next year knowing Rich Rod ran him out of Ann Arbor. Bring back Harbaugh with the power running game and pro style offense.

I agree, Jim Tressel sets up his offense around what his players are good at or doing well at that time. Rich Rod let a lot of talent either go to waste or get away.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime12/17/2009, 10:43 pm

Real good point about imploding the program. I guess he really wanted to make it "his" program. I didn't say I liked the guy, I just think he is a good coach. Same for Saban and Meyer, they are not class guys like a Lou Holtz but they win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Michigan Bowl Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan Bowl Game   Michigan Bowl Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michigan Bowl Game
Page 1 of 1