Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

College Football is almost here!

Go down 
+5
ROCK
SultanofSmack
Mecum's garage
BROAD STREET
Mean Machine
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

College Football is almost here! Empty
PostSubject: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 12:58 pm

Anyone calling any upsets for week 1 of college Football?
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 1:07 pm

Not really an upset in my opinion, but the lower ranked team wins...Virginia Tech handles Boise State.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 1:16 pm

Uconn over Michigan
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 2:18 pm

Mecum's garage wrote:
Uconn over Michigan

I agree, and I hope they fire Rich Fraud on the spot.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 5:38 pm

I know its early but it almost looks like Boise could punch a ticket to the National Championship game with a win over VT.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 5:44 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
I know its early but it almost looks like Boise could punch a ticket to the National Championship game with a win over VT.
Nobody is gonna vote Boise #1 or #2 late in the year because they stepped it up for one big game aginst an overrated VT team. Tech will win by forty anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 6:30 pm

I don't have much faith in Va. Tech. Every year people put them in the national title talk, they rattle off 5 or 6 wins to start the season and then fall right on their face. I think Boise has a good shot at beatin em.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 6:56 pm

Either way they are both teams that don't even belong in the discussion of a National Championship.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 8:06 pm

Boise has 19 starters back from a team that went 14-0

The BCS goofed again by pairing them with TCU, they should have gotten a bigger opponent.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 9:56 pm

SultanofSmack wrote:
Boise has 19 starters back from a team that went 14-0

The BCS goofed again by pairing them with TCU, they should have gotten a bigger opponent.

St. Ignatius could go 14-0 with a schedule like Boise has.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 10:11 pm

ROCK wrote:
Either way they are both teams that don't even belong in the discussion of a National Championship.

I dont think you have a very good arguement there especially about boise. Boise state was a middle of the road team at best before the last few years, not only have they won a heck of a lot of games lately they have beaten some teams that no one thougth they would. They beat oklahoma, they beat oregon. I didnt think they would win either of those games but they got it done, that alone is something Ohio State doesn't do. They dont beat good but they are still in the national title talk every single season. I think if boise goes undefeated and are one of only two teams to do so they should get into the national title game. I would much rather watch Boise fight for a title than to watch OSU get steam rolled while an SEC team wins another national title.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 11:05 pm

The Champ wrote:
ROCK wrote:

I dont think you have a very good arguement there especially about boise. Boise state was a middle of the road team at best before the last few years, not only have they won a heck of a lot of games lately they have beaten some teams that no one thougth they would. They beat oklahoma, they beat oregon. I didnt think they would win either of those games but they got it done, that alone is something Ohio State doesn't do. They dont beat good but they are still in the national title talk every single season. I think if boise goes undefeated and are one of only two teams to do so they should get into the national title game. I would much rather watch Boise fight for a title than to watch OSU get steam rolled while an SEC team wins another national title.
It's easy to get all jacked up for one big game a year! Boise would be the Northwestern of the Big Ten, the Baylor of the Big 12, and the Kentucky of the SEC. They would never make it through the schedule of a big time football conference, there would be to many tough road games. Alabama, Florida, Geaorgia, Texas, LSU, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Iowa, USC, Cal, Oklahoma, are all better teams than Utah St., Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii, Idaho, San Jose St. and Louisiana Tech. They have one game to prepare for this season (VT) and that's it! Of course they have a chance to win they can put all there eggs in that basket. They have nobody else to prepare for!
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/30/2010, 11:12 pm

I am willing to bet Miami (Fl.) has sent more players to the NFL than the whole WAC. They just aren't legit.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 8:54 am

A Playoff system would take care of this. Teams like Boise State would have to win multiple games against top notch competition in a tournament format. If they were able to pull that off, you'd never hear anyone question them again.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:37 am

I think they are deserving of a shot at the national title. I dont think The Ohio State university could make it through a playoff against teams that are the best in the country. They are yet to show me they can consistently beat good teams outside of the big ten.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:40 am

2010 Ohio State Buckeyes Schedule
DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS
Thu, Sept 2 vsMarshall 7:30 PM ET Big 10 Network Tickets
Sat, Sept 11 vs#13 Miami (FL) 3:40 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Sept 18 vsOhio 12:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Sept 25 vsEastern Michigan TBD Tickets
Sat, Oct 2 @Illinois TBD Tickets
Sat, Oct 9 vsIndiana TBD Tickets
Sat, Oct 16 @#12 Wisconsin 7:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 23 vsPurdue 12:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Oct 30 @Minnesota 8:00 PM ET Tickets
Sat, Nov 13 vs#19 Penn State TBD Tickets
Sat, Nov 20 @#9 Iowa TBD Tickets
Sat, Nov 27 vsMichigan TBD Tickets

This schedule here isnt anything to brag about. 3 bottom tier teams in marshall ohio and eastern michigan, another 3 weak teams in illinois, minnesota and indiana, then two mediocre teams at best in purdue and michigan.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:56 am

Champ...I agree with everything you said, and trust me, I am not an Ohio State fan. I'm just saying that teams like Boise State would have a chance to shut everybody up with a playoff. Personally, I am a Florida State fan. I have no delusions about FSU being a championship caliber team right now, but if you look at the schedule...Miami, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Boston College...not to mention non-conference games against BYU, Oklahoma and Florida...Ten wins from that schedule (not that they'll get 10 wins) would be far more impressive than an undefeated Boise State team with only 1 test (VT). The playoff system would allow them to show that they can beat multiple top notch teams and solidify them as a great program...just lobbying for a playoff, I guess.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 12:20 pm

Based on schedules I would agree with you. I think an undefeated Boise team would have two top wins being against va tech and oregon state both are better teams than most. Just based on Boise beating teams in the past like oregon tcu and oklahoma I think if they went undefeated they should get consideration for the bcs title game of course that depends on how the other teams fair during the season and who is left undefeated.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 12:21 pm

I also support a playoff.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 4:59 pm

Its hard to imagine that the NCAA still refuses to set up a playoff system. Until they come to their senses I hope teams like Boise continue to be a thorn in their side.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 6:15 pm

The Bowl games tradition ( money ) is the only thing in the way of a college football playoff. The AD's are not going to vote for a playoff bc their afraid it will diminish the 32 bowl games that we currently have and the 6th place team in the acc wont get the money their getting now.There is no way a team that goes 6-6 should be playn post season football. Have an 8 team playoff using the 4 Bcs bowls that are used now,along with maybe 16 other bowl games. Im sure we can live w/o the CarQuest,dominoes century one jerrys sports bar avacoda bowl.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 6:26 pm

Plans are in the works for a "Sultan of Smack Bowl" also.
Back to top Go down
Mecum's garage

Mecum's garage

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 6:31 pm

Sultan of Smack Bowl played in Glouster stadium with Matt Rockhold the Grand Marshall and will be matching up the 9th place Mac team v/s the 7th place Colonial League team.
Back to top Go down
ROCK

ROCK

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 7:19 pm

Wait a minute has nothing to do with being an Ohio State fan this is an argument for any fan of any big boy program, so lets say Broad St. and I are both FSU fans. Florida St. may be down right now BECAUSE of the confrence they are in and the teams they play. If they were in the WAC you would all be saying Florida St. deserves a shot, give Flordia St. a chance they won all their games!!!, but here is the deal Florida St. is not in the discussion because they didn't win all their games......because they ( unlike Boise ) play actual big boy football games.Florida State would stomp a mudhole in Boise state's a$$. They don't have a schedule full of Idaho's and Nevada's. I would love to see Boise go on the road and play tougher Big 12, SEC, Big 10, ACC games week in, week out they couldn't do it, no way. Those confrence schedule's are tenfold what the WAC is!
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 7:41 pm

Rock must be the only guy out there that didn't like the movie "Hoosiers."

Understand your point Rock and I think most everyone would agree that if Boise played in a power conference they couldn't run the slate. The point is the NCAA needs to do something to remedy this. They can't help what conference they are in and shouldn't be penalized because the NCAA can't get it right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football is almost here!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next