Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

College Football is almost here!

Go down 
+5
ROCK
SultanofSmack
Mecum's garage
BROAD STREET
Mean Machine
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
phinphan

phinphan

College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 8:16 pm

Rock I catch what your saying but using the flawed logic college football has used all these years is what is wrong. If you would have asked me 4 or 5 years ago about gonzaga basketball, I would have said huh (even though i live next door to it). Toledo, Ohio U, New Mexico State, etc all deserve a shot at the title, in the current state of things, Boise had to build up over the past few seasons to have a shot. This is the first legit year they have a shot because of teams in the past years, its not right. Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma always have a shot because of who they are. If you wiped the logos off the helmets and played the results would be different. A playoff is the only way to fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 8:44 pm

Only a few elite teams can play in the best conferences agains the best teams and win all the games. When is the last time ohio state, michigan, fsu, oklahoma, texas, usc, miami or notre dame won all there games in a season. USC had a few years where they were studs and couldn't win every game, i know they have one national title from those years but to pick on boise and say if they played tougher competition then they wouldn't go undefeated. Rumor has it VA Tech is the only team that would schedule boise, rumor was that boise called all the big schools wanting to play em but no one would. They deserve a shot, bottom line.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 8:51 pm

I think it will all be moot in a couple of days. VT will pound Boise with a punishing run game and eat the clock up.

One thing we should know by now though, is not to count out Boise. Also like The Champ said, they scheduled VT and Oregon State. They beat an ORegon team last year that ended up winning the PAC 10. They ain't duckin nobody in the non-conference.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 11:35 pm

Wow, I really opened a can of worms with this thread.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/31/2010, 11:58 pm

rock you say a florida state team with ten wins is more deserving than an undefeated boise team. answer me this question, everyone else feel free to answer this question too. The national championship game is for the best teams in college football right? to crown the best team in the country, how can you be the best team in the country if you aren't the best team on your schedule?
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 11:26 am

All Boise can do is play the teams are the schedule. Its not their fault that that their conference isnt an elite conference. The Ohio States and Florida's and Oklahoma's cant help it if their conference is down here and there. Boise is trying to help a weak confrence schedule by playing teams like Va Tech and Oregon St. If they win those games and go undefeated it will be up to voters and BCS to put them in the tilte game. If they do they do and if they dont then Boise will have to look at maybe joining a bigger conference which willl happen here soon anyway with what people are calling mega conferences. GO GATORS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 11:42 am

it will be 150 degrees on the turf tomorrow night in The Shoe!
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 12:44 pm

150 is prolly the number of total yards gained in that game tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 2:03 pm

All I'm saying is that if the NCAA used the Harbin rating system like the OHSAA, Boise State would have a hard time getting enough "points" to get there.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 3:28 pm

If the ncaa had six different levels of division broken up into 4 different regions like the OHSAA does then Boise would get the points to get in. Trimble makes the playoffs and doesn't play the toughest of competition either plus they dont go undefeated like boise did or does. I think i have to disagree with your theory.
Back to top Go down
BROAD STREET

BROAD STREET

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/1/2010, 3:36 pm

Point taken. And let me reiterrate that I do not begrudge Boise State a shot at the title, once again, my main focus is to lobby for a playoff. BTW, how could my brother hold a sports trivia contest and not let me know about it? You guys have to clue me in to the next one, please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football is almost here!   College Football is almost here! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football is almost here!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2