Sultan of Smack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sultan of Smack

High School Football

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome back to reality Wolverines!

Go down 
+3
The Champ
hollister hero
Mean Machine
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/9/2010, 7:37 pm

Just as i suspected.
Back to top Go down
hollister hero

hollister hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 12:56 pm

i knew that michigan would start losing when they stoped playing hocking college and devry
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 1:56 pm

I always said the same thing about the buckeyes, but i've never seen em play any tough teams. Well except when they play the SEC and we all know their records in those games. Can we say 0-fer
Back to top Go down
hollister hero

hollister hero

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 8:42 pm

osu played usc last year and texas a few years ago but i guess they aren't any good like app state is
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 8:45 pm

buddy dont try to pull that app state crap on me. I'm not a wolverine's fan. I agree they did play usc and texas, let me add up the combined record agains those two school um i think its like 1-4. The one win came when OSU had one of the best teams they've had in a long time and Texas was breaking in a fresh qb. I dont think I would talk much smack. OSU plays a pretty weak schedule. Imagine how they would handle a schedule that had Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina in back to back to back games or a schedule that included alabama then lsu in back to back games. I dont think they would fare very well especially without a good running back and any sort of passing attack.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 8:54 pm

Big 10 did quite well in bowl games last year Champ. Auburn only beat Northwestern by 3 and Penn St. beat LSU. I agree that the SEC is the best conference but the Big 10 is second.
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 8:54 pm

It is probably a good thing then that we will draw Boise for the title game.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 9:28 pm

I figure if they let Boise in it will probably be if OSU makes it too. I like a few big ten teams and I hate the rest of em. I hear people talk about how Boise plays one good team so they can throw all their eggs in one basket to win that one big game. Well this is a month and half into the college football season and OSU has had one "big" game that was against THE U and I think they have turned out to be a fraud. After that game they got a month to prepare for wisconsin then another month to prepare for Iowa. Everyone should agree that there are 3 so called good teams in the Big Ten. OSU, WIsky, Iowa, let me add michigan state too I guess. OSU doesn't play mich st and psu and michigan aren't very good. Can they beat the top teams any given saturday, sure they can but the chances arent good. In the sec you got to watch out for LSU, Bama, Auburn, Arkansas even though Florida looks down they are still one of the better teams in the country cause of their speed and defense. I dont know where South Carolina came from but they look to be for real this year too. The ole ball coach might be back on top of the SEC. I would just like to see one of the top Big Ten teams play a couple of those teams back to back games. SEC is tough and I think if a team makes it through with one loss they should get in the title game regardless of what any other team doesn. Big tean will get alot better next year when those cornhuskers join. They got a pretty good ball team and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go undefeated this season.
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/10/2010, 10:07 pm

I think I would put the Pac 10 in second then the Big Ten
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 10:37 am

OSU playing those teams means nothing. I see it as they have to play those teams to make their schedule look better. They don't have to play more than 3 ranked teams in a season or play any games where they play back to back ranked teams. I know my team doesn't go out of conference to play anyone but why would they when they have to play 4-5 ranked teams. OSU fans have it made cause they are picked to win their conference every year. That's not a very good conference when 1 team is picked to win it every year. Maybe it will help when michigan gets back to the top then it will be a 2 team conference at that should help out a little I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 12:31 pm

hollister hero wrote:
i knew that michigan would start losing when they stoped playing hocking college and devry

How did I know the first person to reply to this post would a guy who changes his team more often than his underwear.

As far as the rest of this conversation, I'm gonna turn the other cheek. There's no use arguing with buckeye fans whether it be Ohio State or Nelsonville. Ohio State invented the game of football, and Nelsonville perfected it. End of story.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 1:08 pm

agree basment and when michigan gets beat by a good ranked michigan state team wolves suck ohio state struggles with below average illni team illni are better than there record shows. hard 2 put a team at #1 when they struggle with unranked teams
Back to top Go down
endzone

endzone

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 1:28 pm

very good post by Monster! I agree 100 percent
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 1:30 pm

The Champ wrote:
I always said the same thing about the buckeyes, but i've never seen em play any tough teams. Well except when they play the SEC and we all know their records in those games. Can we say 0-fer

So are you saying Michigan is never tough? Kinda harsh isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 2:54 pm

Michigan has had one team in the past decade that could be considered tough. Which is about the same timeframe everyone became OSU fans. (I know Sultan,Attack, Rock, and Mecums garage have been lifers. Not a jab at u guys.) Then USC Showed them that they really weren't all that tough either. Say what you want, but Big Game Jim has about 5 quality wins in his tenure at Ohio State. Miami in 2002, a couple of his Michigan wins, and Texas. Heck, I can't even think of another. Don't try to sneak the Notre Dame Fiesta bowl in their cuz you know they sucked. Boise has had more than that and they don't even play anyone.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:08 pm

basement you better watch talking bout jim and the buckeyes like that its not fair to pick on them. who has the most wins in the ohio state/michigan series
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:16 pm

basement nation wrote:
Michigan has had one team in the past decade that could be considered tough. Which is about the same timeframe everyone became OSU fans. (I know Sultan,Attack, Rock, and Mecums garage have been lifers. Not a jab at u guys.) Then USC Showed them that they really weren't all that tough either. Say what you want, but Big Game Jim has about 5 quality wins in his tenure at Ohio State. Miami in 2002, a couple of his Michigan wins, and Texas. Heck, I can't even think of another. Don't try to sneak the Notre Dame Fiesta bowl in their cuz you know they sucked. Boise has had more than that and they don't even play anyone.

I thought the K State win was a good one. I know many teams would love to have been in 3 BCS Championship games in the last 8 years too. Hey someone has to take the one spot in the national championship game that is not guaranteed to the SEC, and I am glad it has been OSU three times.
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:20 pm

blue monster wrote:
basement you better watch talking bout jim and the buckeyes like that its not fair to pick on them. who has the most wins in the ohio state/michigan series

Hey sensible fans know who has won more games in this series. We are also aware that UM dominated OSU in the Cooper era. But now OSU has had the upper hand, and we are enjoying it. The tide will turn sometime, I just hope not in the near future though.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:23 pm

i dont want my team just show up to national championship game i want them to win. heck osu has more national titles in syncronized swimming then football .
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:27 pm

BTW I was rooting for UM Saturday. I root for them to win all but one game every year. Best book I ever read was "Bo"! Then some damned Michigan fan stole it from me the )(&(^)(*^&_(([i]
Back to top Go down
Attack
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:29 pm

blue monster wrote:
i dont want my team just show up to national championship game i want them to win. heck osu has more national titles in syncronized swimming then football .

That's fine if that is what you want. But your team has no chance to win it if they don't play in it. If UM was in it I would root for them.
Back to top Go down
blue monster

blue monster

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 3:36 pm

didnt say if osu was there i wouldnt root for them you always want the big 10 to look good in bowl games
Back to top Go down
SultanofSmack
Admin
SultanofSmack

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 4:36 pm

Monster,
I believe the wing heads have such a lead in the all time series because they won like the first 27 games or something like that. In the last 100 years I think it is pretty even, OSU might even be ahead. I know you are gonna say the first 27 games still count so I'll save ya the trouble. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine
Admin
Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 5:03 pm

Aw, I love it. No one South of the Ohio River give a crap about either one of em. Somewhere in Tuscaloosa two guys are having the same heated argument on another forum about Auburn-Alabama and the Iron Bowl. By the way, I truly honestly don't hate Ohio State either. I just have always liked Michigan and don't even know how it happened. It just really makes my skin crawl when the same people I saw wearing Michigan stuff when we were in school and all the way up until 2002 wanna come up to me and talk smack while sporting their OSU stuff. Come on dude, do I really have that bad a memory to forget that u liked Michgan for 15 years. If someone was ever gonna jump ship on their team, how on earth could you jump to their rivals. Better yet, why would true buckeyes even want em. The wagon sure is full now. The only people I see wearing Michigan stuff now is ME, Root, and all the rutters round town who sport their Steve and Barry's pleather jackets. GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
The Champ

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime10/11/2010, 5:05 pm

far as i am concerned the only game that counts is the game that is played during the current season. who gives a flop who won back in 1998 or 1958 or 2008. Each year bring a new start and a new team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to reality Wolverines!   Welcome back to reality Wolverines! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome back to reality Wolverines!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next